slow return to working on RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greyhauler

Sorry,not been on in a while, been recovering from carpi tunnel, ulna nerve moved on left arm and fusing C-4, 5 &6. Whew! What a pita! 10 weeks of doing nothing, drove me nuts. Finally back working on above dash TV console reduction, new water pump and vinyl floor. Not suppose to lift more than 20 lbs till about Thanksgiving! Going to use the roof sealant listed on forum. More expensive, but you get what you pay for. Guess will take unit to Ocala to get bedroom slide seal replaced, No service around JAX I trust from lots of previous bad experiences. Unit will be on the road this fall.

Forced sitting around can drive a person insane, glad to hear you are getting back with the program. 

Don't know if it was work related disability but if so keep in mind they send inspectors around and if they catch you doing things you shouldn't be doing you can have a real problem. 

So take it easy.

Arch, thanks. No insurance co involved, MD said work finally caught up with me, retired machine tool tech. Getting friends to install vinyl floor as I can Not bend down, get on knees without danger of messing up fusing. PITA. Not used to not doing what needs doing. Will take time.

Had a couple disks replaced in my upper neck and many years later open heart surgery. Initially you are pretty careful but then a few weeks or a month or two down the road you catch yourself doing things you shouldn't be doing.

Was your back surgery successful?  My neck surgery came out really well, everybody had me scared to death with horror stories.

My wife had her neck done last Feb. C3-5. Fusing, bone grafts and rods. Spinal Stenosis. Scary stuff. She was out of commission for several months. They actually put her in the ICU for a day after the surgery. Doctor said the surgery wouldn?t make things better but would hopefully stop things from getting worse. Sucks to get old. I take no medications but have terrible joints. Getting a TKR (total knee replacement) Thursday. Actually looking forward to the surgery since walking is getting difficult. I have too many projects to complete at the house to be incapacitated.

Here?s hoping your recovery is successful and not too painful. Don?t push it. Take your time and do it right.

Thanks for the replys. Neck surgery was no problem, recovery of muscles in neck and upper shoulders was worse. Now neck feels funny, makes crinkling noises? Bought new foam collar as original is wearing out. Have to pay to get some things done, want to stay away from MD til next appointment. Big thing is getting ready to get another Greyhound, want to be able to take care of him/ her.

Things not going well. Tripped on a oak root in back yard close to RV, caught myself with hands but still bad jolt to neck. Go for x ray tomorrow. Hope no surgery required. Have good handy man that's good working on anything, he will have to do All the work from now on.

Greyhauler said:
Things not going well. Tripped on a oak root in back yard close to RV, caught myself with hands but still bad jolt to neck. Go for x ray tomorrow. Hope no surgery required. Have good handy man that's good working on anything, he will have to do All the work from now on.

So sorry to hear about your accident. I?m sure it?s extremely disheartening to have to worry about the possibility of more surgery.

Greyhauler said:

When it rains it pours!! 

X ray show no problems, thank God. Best friend emailed me,? we?re not 25 , have to watch it?. Truth. Guess fixing 1 item a day is going to be the plan. Thanks for the posts,

Saw neuro surgeon last week, no lifting more than 25 pounds til next May!!! Guy that was doing the work has not been back, stuck not making any progress, sux. Getting another Greyhound first of Nov, that will make things better.

Back
Top Bottom