No direct 12 volt to coach lights, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brother Bear

Hi folks,

I just installed four new CG-2 batteries in my 5th wheel. Model is named in my signature.  Most of the 12 volt things in my coach do not work on battery power. I've checked the voltage with a load tester. It is and remains very strong. I've checked circuit breakers.

These things work on battery power:
1. generator cranks and starts.
2. electro-hydraulic slides operate normally
3. electro-hydraulic landing gear operates normally
4. entire 12 volt system works on generator power.
5. entire 12 volt system works on shoreline power.

These things do not work on battery power:
1. coach 12 volt lights.
2. refrigerator power inverter. (residential 110 volt only fridge.) this inverter is solely dedicated to powering the fridge.
3. water pump.

I'm assuming the transfer switch has nothing to do with this???

So . . . what could possibly have happened here??? Thanks for any help you can give!

Nemine folks. Found a tripped circuit breaker I didn't know it had. Hopefully something to do with the erratic voltage of the old batteries. We shall see!

YOu are correct the transfer switch "has nothing to do with this" in fact with one small exception it has nothing at all to do with the 12 volt system. It only affects 120 volt stuff like the A/C motors. the Water heater ELECTRIC element and... important to the 12 volt side of life.. THE CONVERTER.

But if 12 volt stuff works on shore/genny power but NOT battery.. That means the converter is converting.  So it is working.

The circuit breaker you found and the battery disconnect switch are suspects. Here is hoping you found it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom