Star Trek

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FenderP said:
"I wonder if the uproar over the cancellation of the original Star Trek was similar to the uproar that occurred (and spurred the creation of the movie) when FireFly was cancelled."

I was very disappointed when Firefly was cancelled as well.  I always thought the Firefly class spaceship was designed from a fifth wheel RV -it's pretty much a 5er with no wheels. LOL

You did get to see the movie, though?  It was great as well.  :)

Chameleonxanth said:
You did get to see the movie, though?  It was great as well.  :)

Yes!  I have it as well as the series and watch them regularly.  :)) :))

Chameleonxanth said:
Husband and I loved that show.  :)

My bride (of only 6 years) had never heard of it and once I introduced her to it she binge watched it right through (not in one day).

FenderP said:
Yes!  I have it as well as the series and watch them regularly.  :)) :))

:))  Right?  I watch them in Spanish sometimes.  :)  --I don't actually speak Spanish, all the way, yet, but it's fun to watch in Spanish and read the subtitles in English and vice versa.  :)

SargeW said:
I just use an image resizer to shrink then post it.  If you don't have one available, you can email it to me and I  will shrink and post it for you.
send me an IM and Ill ship em to you

I just got the pics from SCVJeff.  These are "crew jackets" from DS9.  While not my favorite series, I loved some of the characters.  This jacket is way cool! 

Attachments

• IMG_5923 (2).jpg
    IMG_5923 (2).jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5924 (2).jpg
    IMG_5924 (2).jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5925 (2).jpg
    IMG_5925 (2).jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5926 (2).jpg
    IMG_5926 (2).jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 6
That?s all the was shooting on the lot at the time. I?d trade this in a heartbeat for a TNG jacket.

Speaking of old sci-fi shows, I see that ME tv is going to start airing BUCK ROGERS on Saturdays at 11 am.

They are, btw, already airing original Battlestar Galactica episodes on Saturday at noon.

I saw in today's paper that William Shatner has a new book coming out.  You can see excerpts from it here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/features/ny-feat-shatner-book-20180902-story.html#

Interestingly enough, when Star Trek went off the air, his wife divorced him.  Got the mansion, the kids, everything.  Shatner says he was broke and homeless.  And because of typecasting, was unable to get work in Hollywood.  So he spent three years living in an RV and driving around the country to do cheap summer stock theater.

Optimistic Paranoid said:
I saw in today's paper that William Shatner has a new book coming out.  You can see excerpts from it here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/features/ny-feat-shatner-book-20180902-story.html#

Interestingly enough, when Star Trek went off the air, his wife divorced him.  Got the mansion, the kids, everything.  Shatner says he was broke and homeless.  And because of typecasting, was unable to get work in Hollywood.  So he spent three years living in an RV and driving around the country to do cheap summer stock theater.
It is hard to imagine Captain Kirk as a full timer.  :eek: ::) ;D

SeilerBird said:
It is hard to imagine Captain Kirk as a full timer.  :eek: ::) ;D

"Ahead warp 7 Mr Sulu"

Attachments

• MV5BNDU5YWY4MjktNmZhYy00MGI1LWJiMjgtZjdhYmJiNGI2MGE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1OTEzMzc@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BNDU5YWY4MjktNmZhYy00MGI1LWJiMjgtZjdhYmJiNGI2MGE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1OTEzMzc@._V1_.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 12
Wasn't he also TJ Hooker?  Hooker could dump the tank.

Denny Crane wouldn't be able to find it because of 'the mad cow'.

Back
Top Bottom