Star Trek

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bigfatguy said:
Truly stunning... but I've seen how good her husband is at Kung-Fu... I don't need to piss off the head of the human revolution.

I didn't know Gina Torres is married to Laurence Fishburne.  huh. 

That was a Matrix reference, right?  :)

If you are on facebook.. George Taki (Sulu) is often very funny. Just follow.

Ok did you know there really is a Jim Kirk. and he really is a military officer... Not James T Kirk and I do not think he is a Captain (perhaps LT) but .... There is a story. He fought in Viet Nam.

John From Detroit said:
If you are on facebook.. George Taki (Sulu) is often very funny. Just follow.

Ok did you know there really is a Jim Kirk. and he really is a military officer... Not James T Kirk and I do not think he is a Captain (perhaps LT) but .... There is a story. He fought in Viet Nam.

I used to follow him, George Taki, when I was on FB.  I agree, he is fun.  :)

I wonder if Jim Kirk has had the opportunity to meet William Shatner or Chris Pine.

I presume Jim Kirk's middle name is not Tiberius...  ;D ;D
Takei has a very active Facebook presence. He posts interesting and witty commentary.
Always been impressed with him.

As long as we're also talking about other sci-fi shows, I've just heard that Babylon 5 is coming to the over-the-air COMET channel.  I haven't seen this show since it went off the air in the 90s, and I'm curious to see if it holds up as well as I remember.  The aliens were the best - the Narn, the Centauri, the Minbarri.  I thought the Operations Officer, Susan Ivanovich, was the coolest.  See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7_ypEX9Ma0

Oh, and Walter Koenig - Chekov - had a great role too.

COMET will likely be re-running the origial shows.. I had a fun experience once thanks to B-5

On USENET I used an element of B-5 (Bester) to illistrate a point I wished to make and promptly got flamed for using a FICTIONAL source.

Well I prefer to use fictional references because if a fictional character sues me for bad mouthing him in fictional court I can settle with my fictional unlimited funds no problem

But in real life the funds are NOT unlimited

And the by using the fictional reference I'm mearly giving the show free advertising and nobody is goign to sue me for giving them advertising.

Well as I said I got flamed
So I explained a few real life examples of Bester (half of the history he is based on as it turns out) and since J. Michael Starczynski and I were both members of the same Compuserve Forum. Forwarded a copy of the exchange to him.. He acknowledged my knowledge of history and doubled it (Gave more historical examples) I copied HIS reply to the flamer.... have not heard from him (the flamer) again.

You know.. Some days paying attention in History class (Even if my classmates thought I was sleeping) can be downright rewarding :)

Optimistic Paranoid said:
As long as we're also talking about other sci-fi shows, I've just heard that Babylon 5 is coming to the over-the-air COMET channel.  I haven't seen this show since it went off the air in the 90s, and I'm curious to see if it holds up as well as I remember.  The aliens were the best - the Narn, the Centauri, the Minbarri.  I thought the Operations Officer, Susan Ivanovich, was the coolest.  See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7_ypEX9Ma0

Oh, and Walter Koenig - Chekov - had a great role too.

You know, I don't think I've seen a single episode of Babylon 5.  I'll have to check Netflix/Hulu/Prime for it.

I avoided B-5 when it first aired, seeing it as a cheesy star trek ripoff. ("Really? The aliens speak with german accents?")

Watched it in re-runs, and found it was actually a fantastic, very well written show...

it also had one episode: "A View From The Gallery" (I think that's the title) that ranks up there with the best episodes of ANY sci-fi show... it's right up there with Firefly's "Out Of Gas", Star Trek's "The Corbomite Maneuver"... etc...

And, to answer the previous question, that was, indeed, a Matrix reference. :)

Chameleonxanth said:
You know, I don't think I've seen a single episode of Babylon 5.  I'll have to check Netflix/Hulu/Prime for it.

The Instan****cher site found it immediately:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0173461N0/ref=atv_feed_catalog&tag=iw_prime_tv-20&ref_=asc_homepage

Steve and I LOVE Star Trek and indeed most sci-fi stuff. The new Discovery is worth persevering with as the storyline gets pretty good.  Did you know Mrs Roddenberry is also the voice of the computer?

Lost in Space is pretty good we quite like the new series.

Loved the original Star Wars. The others not so much.

The Forbidden Planet is one of my all time favorite movies along with the original The Day the Earth Stood Still.

We use an Amazon fire stick and download series from Prime, or Netflix or movies downloaded from home to my tablet with an SD card for extra space and then we use smart view to broadcast to the TV.  If park wifi poor then we can use Starbucks or some other place.

One of the unique things about B-5 is that unlike _______ (fill in most any show you like) the Creator was the author of all the shows..  Save for I think a few seens in one episode. It was a single story like chapters in a book from start to finish..  A single mind behind the entire production... For a serries like that a First and far as I know an Only.

Lots of good info there.... Alas. the show moved to PAY TO VIEW(Cable channel) before it completly finished..  Still a good show.

Some of the "Events" are kind of scary in the light of some of the current events however.

SeilerBird said:
The Instan****cher site found it immediately:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0173461N0/ref=atv_feed_catalog&tag=iw_prime_tv-20&ref_=asc_homepage

Season One is available with Prime, I see.  :)  Thank you for the quick check.

jackiemac said:
Steve and I LOVE Star Trek and indeed most sci-fi stuff. The new Discovery is worth persevering with as the storyline gets pretty good.  Did you know Mrs Roddenberry is also the voice of the computer?

Lost in Space is pretty good we quite like the new series.

Loved the original Star Wars. The others not so much.

The Forbidden Planet is one of my all time favorite movies along with the original The Day the Earth Stood Still.

We use an Amazon fire stick and download series from Prime, or Netflix or movies downloaded from home to my tablet with an SD card for extra space and then we use smart view to broadcast to the TV.  If park wifi poor then we can use Starbucks or some other place.

That's an interesting note about Mrs. Roddenberry. 

We are loving the new Lost in Space as well.  :)

Great tips on how to bring your shows with you.

bigfatguy said:
I avoided B-5 when it first aired, seeing it as a cheesy star trek ripoff. ("Really? The aliens speak with german accents?")

Watched it in re-runs, and found it was actually a fantastic, very well written show...

it also had one episode: "A View From The Gallery" (I think that's the title) that ranks up there with the best episodes of ANY sci-fi show... it's right up there with Firefly's "Out Of Gas", Star Trek's "The Corbomite Maneuver"... etc...

And, to answer the previous question, that was, indeed, a Matrix reference. :)

I confess I don't know the episodes by name, usually referring to them as, "...that one with the thing from that planet," etc.

I do want to see B-5 (so much easier) now, though; give it a try, anyway.

I think I was in a clone of your B Class yesterday.  :)

I had to look the titles up myself. :)

"Out of gas" is the one where the ship runs out of fuel, Mal stays onboard while everyone loads into the two shuttles and flies away, then he gets shot by pirates. The famous shot is Mal bleeding through the metal-grating on the floor. Lots of flashbacks. ("A ship like this, she'll be with you til the day you die...").

How did you like the rig? Shiny interior, huh? :)

bigfatguy said:
I had to look the titles up myself. :)

"Out of gas" is the one where the ship runs out of fuel, Mal stays onboard while everyone loads into the two shuttles and flies away, then he gets shot by pirates. The famous shot is Mal bleeding through the metal-grating on the floor. Lots of flashbacks. ("A ship like this, she'll be with you til the day you die...").

How did you like the rig? Shiny interior, huh? :)

I remember that one now; actually worried Mal was really going to die for a bit there.  :/ 

It was gorgeous; so much lux in a relatively small space.  It was the first one we looked at and we were suitably dazzled.  :)

jackiemac said:
Did you know Mrs Roddenberry is also the voice of the computer?

The only person to have a part in EVERY Star Trek program and episode The voice of the computer on every version of the Enterprise  On DS-9 on Voyager and anything else Star Trek

#1 in the original pilot (First officer)
Nurse Chappel on original Enterprise
Loxanna Troy on TNG and DS-9
And as I recall one other part.

But then she also owns the rights to the show. it is HER property.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom