Ford F53 PCM Computer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boptop

I'm currently on the road and my 2005 Winnebago Sightseer 29R w/ Ford F53 V10. Broke down and needs a new PCM. Been to two shops and they cannot repair. Problem is Ford discontinued the part. Looked on line and cannot find a replacement. Ford part number 4C32 12A650-ANC or 4C32 12A650-XC. The F53 Chassis is a 2004. I can't believe with all the F53's build the part is not available. Really need help bad as I'm trying to get back home. Currently held up near Albany, GA.

I'm finding that hard to believe you need a new PCM, and even harder to believe there are none available.

I suspect the PCM is a standard Ford truck PCM module for that year and simply programmed for the RV chassis application. The part number probably represents the combination of the physical part and the programming.  A good shop (Ford or independnet) can probably figure that out and get the module and program it.

I see a website that has a PCM with a different letter suffix. Have you contacted them to see if it can be substituted?
https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/oem-2004-ford-f53_stripped_chassis-engine_control_module.html

here....https://www.fs1inc.com/oem-engine-computer-programmed-flashed-2004-ford-truck-4c3a-12a650-anc-nyz2.html

or most good shops have a place they send them to be reflashed. (they need to put in your vin number)

Found a shop with a Ford technician and he cleared out the PCM and reprogrammed it. It's still showing an error code P0605 - Control Module Read Only Memory Error. The problem started when the vehicle would shut of like the key was turned off. I would be going down the highway and it would just shut off like the key was turned off. It would then start right back up. I thought it might be vapor lock so I tried it again the next day. The next day it did the same thing the first time then the second time it went into limp mode and the check engine light came on. That's when I took it in to a shop and they got diagnostic trouble code P0605. Since after reprogramming the code was still there I decided to abort the trip and drove back to Sarasota. I had no more shutting down or limp mode issues but the computer is still showing the DTC code.

Boptop said:
Found a shop with a Ford technician and he cleared out the PCM and reprogrammed it. It's still showing an error code P0605 - Control Module Read Only Memory Error. The problem started when the vehicle would shut of like the key was turned off. I would be going down the highway and it would just shut off like the key was turned off. It would then start right back up. I thought it might be vapor lock so I tried it again the next day. The next day it did the same thing the first time then the second time it went into limp mode and the check engine light came on. That's when I took it in to a shop and they got diagnostic trouble code P0605. Since after reprogramming the code was still there I decided to abort the trip and drove back to Sarasota. I had no more shutting down or limp mode issues but the computer is still showing the DTC code.

Give these guys a call...  they may be able to repair/rebuild (in Tampa) ..  https://truckecm.com/florida/

Back
Top Bottom