Metric conversion for Europe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tramps

Hi
If feasible, I would like to import a 2003 Rialta to Germany where I moved recently. What is needed to convert electric, water, propane and plumbing systems for use in European? I am looking for uncomplicated adaptation ... or forget my dream.

Thanks very much,
tramps, currently RVing in Canada.

We have an article in our forum library on converting the electrical system: See here.

We have just spent 3 weeks using a friend's small motorhome in Europe.
Several things to ponder: currency ism 110V. Everywhere you camp you'll have power but you sometimes need very long cords (50m).
Camper (as motorhomes are called there) have removable propane tanks which you trade in for a filled one. Since fewer cars are now using LPG as autofuel, it is much harder to find.
Campers in Europe have built-in portapotties. We did not see any camper with the black/grey holding tank setup that we are familiar with here. Every day we'd take out the "cassette" (as it is called) and take it to the sanitation building where one large cublcle is marked as "chemisch toilet". You then up-end the cassette and physically empty it in large "toilet". There is then water to rinse the cassette out. For your grey water you drive to a hole in the ground and let your grey water drain in there. Almost every campground has a ":chemical toilet" but not nearly all campings have a "dirty water drain"!  Since it is absolutely forbidden to empty your black water into that "dirty water drain" I don't know how you would do that in Europe.
Hope this helps.

Elly

Back
Top Bottom