Mounting outside TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hebner625

Has anyone mounted a outside Tv on a fiberglass camper? Wanting to know the best method for mounting quick release bracket. Thank you!

I had a tv mount from the factory on the outside of our last trailer, but I don't know how they did it. We never used it. I would assume they put the mounting screws into one of the structural members, not just into the siding, unless there was a backer that was installed in that location.
As Seilerbird said, please be considerate to your neighbors when using an outside tv. Not everyone is interested in seeing/hearing the game or show that you are watching, and some may take offense to some of the shows on tv.
We have used the outside tv we have now at our house for our granddaughter and a few of her friends to watch a couple of movies one night. That tv is mounted in a compartment though.

I never understood the fascination with outdoor TVs. Like trying to use a laptop at a picnic table, I could never see the screen due to sun glare.

Hebner625 said:
Has anyone mounted a outside Tv on a fiberglass camper? Wanting to know the best method for mounting quick release bracket. Thank you!

I don't understand it either..
this is like the contractor generator issue, damn annoying and blatant disrespect for others.

fortunately we boondock most of the time and don't see flashing TV's and noisy generators.
we actually camp to get AWAY from all that nonsense.

IMHO, there is nothing wrong with having a TV or a stereo outside. The CG we stay in, there are several pull thru sites and many times while walking around, we see some of them with TV's on and the volume is usually turned down low so no one hears it. I agree, you have to be considerate to your neighbors just like talking at night around a campfire.

Welcome to the forum. We have an outside mount on ours, too, but sorry I don't know how it's mounted. I agree with 'goat that it's most likely either into a stud or has a backing plate of some type. I doubt it would last long mounted to the fiberglass alone. We've used ours a few times but I actually find it's more work to move the TV than it's worth. The ones mounted in compartments are the way to go!

The few times we did use it, we were not shot or otherwise wounded by any passersby so apparently we keep the volume low enough.  ::)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom