When Officers dont get it right - it matters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Restraining order. I sincerely hope that you now have one. Simple to get and easy to enforce.

Yes, but it's long expired. And I have no idea where he lives to even update it.

Edit: Fixed quote tag.

RVMommato6 said:
Yes, but it's long expired. And I have no idea where he lives to even update it.

Amanda, just a little tip. If you want to drop a quote into your post, just click on the quote button over on the right above the quote you want to drop in.

Amanda just edit it and change the first quote code and remove the trailing /  the second quote code is just fine leave the slash there.  Then it will show as a quote... :)    Im a programmer :)

I fully back LE always have and always will, i would not do their job and i do respect what they do.  I have no interest in a ride along as live PD is just fine for me.  I read a book called cops by mark baker when i was younger.  It talks about going from incredible bordum to incredible terror in a split second. It also talks about the huge amount of paperwork involved.  There are stories of racing on the beach from bordum to throwing their batons through the back window of a car to everything in between.  But mostly its a very boring job, after awhile you look for things to do just to stay occupied and thats when foolish tickets are usually issued. 

I worked armed and unarmed security in my lifetime and i have sat in a parking lot window to window with LE just shooting the bull so i know alittle bit about it.  That also tought me some of things they do to (i wont say entrap or trick but) be tackful and sneaky at getting info needed. Or tripping you up so you break the law.

I had an experience one time where a female cop tried to trick me to filling out a police report. It seemed inocent enough until i realized that if i did then it would become record and could be used against me.  So i tore it up and in the trash it went.  It was in my 30's and yes i was a dirty rotten SOB in this instance (it is not something i am proud of).  She moved in with me then told me she wanted her other boyfriend to live with her upstairs and wanted me to move downstairs.  I paid through the nose to move her.  I kicked her out and by the time she came back i had sold all her stuff to get my money back.  Yep i was rotten and ticked off, but she deserved it.  And no that is not me or my character but she really did a number on me and i felt justified.  Two weeks later she died in a motorcycle crash riding with her other boyfriend.

I had another experience where an ex girlfriend was in my apartment illegally and she was ticked off and had guns, so i called the police. She slapped me while i was on the phone with the police and the dispacher heard it and said wow did she just slap you, it was that loud. I said yes, she said you better go outside.    Two female police officers show up and go inside, i expected them to come out with her in cuffs, but no!  They came out carring her guns and put them in the truck of her car and let her go.  When i ask about it the female cop just walked away and said "we are out of here".  I got no explaination just a dirty look and turned their back.  I was like WTH..  Talk about feeling dumbstruck, i just thought to myself if the roles were reversed i would have been arrested.

And restraining orders depend on if you are male or female and its up to the officer to decide if anyone gets arrested.  My crazy ex wife tracked me down one time by calling over 50 apartment complexes telling them she was my dad and it was an emergency.  My stupid apartment manager actually gave her my phone number and my apartment number.  I had a restraining order against her but she knocked on my door and i just closed the door and called the cops.  They actually arrived fairly quickly and caught her there, but since she had the kids and she had custody they did not do anything to her.  She felt like noone could touch her then and she threw that in my face for many years to come.  I tore up the restraining order, $65 bucks waisted. 

Maybe you are all starting to get alittle glimpse of why i dont want any drama, i have had enough of it over the years.

Also just now on live PD the officer did things right, after the initial complainant he walked over and ask the other lady so what happened over there which is what your suppose to do.  Then when there was no evidence he told both parties to calm it down he wanted no more issues, and left.  That is what they should have done here also with me with NO evidence. But i guess the difference is that a business can just point to a random person and say issue them a trespass for no reason.  I understand their right to refuse service and i agree with that.  But i thought to issue a trespass there had to be some kind of proof, i guess not.

How about that: i just read the texas penal code on trespass and it requires a verbal or written notice and a violation of that notice before any trespass is issued.  So basically they hoodwinked me and the trespass is invalid because noone ever said anything about it to me before it was issued.  See what i mean about cops doing things that are not right.... maybe i will call an attorney and get it overturned, i still wont go in there but whats right is right.  Its kind of like a debt you owe they say if you dont deny it then it lagit. Well i dont want anything on my record ever and this is BS so ill get it off because it was not done right.  Oh i wish i had known that the day this was issued i would have refused to sign it.

durangod said:
And restraining orders depend on if you are male or female and its up to the officer to decide if anyone gets arrested. 

Maybe in podunk PD, but in the real world a restraining order is a direct order from a judge. Once the other party is served, there is no judgement call, period.  The violating party is arrested, and if necessary the children are taken  to children's services. I have done it many times.

RVMommato6 said:

If you had renewed it before it expired you could have made it for an extended period, ie 10 years.

SargeW - Well they certainly made the judgement call that day on the restraining order, wish i had known that at the time i would have forced them to arrest her.

darsben said:
durangod
Now let it go.
You are just raising your BP and being miserable
LET IT GO

I know I know lol  but it just erks me when a officer makes up his own laws.    I passed him by on the way to the post office today and i was so hoping that he would pull me over so i could tell him his games wont work but now im kinda glad he didnt and i didnt do that.  I just would love to shove it right in his face and remind him that he took an oath to abide by the law and not his law.  But i wont... ill be a good boy...

How do i know that 5 years from now if i go to buy a gun or something it wont come up that i had a trespass issued, thats what gets me.  I just want it totally destroyed, if it is then im happy.

SargeW said:
Truth of the matter is that all law enforcement agencies hire from the same place as McDonalds. The human race.

The big difference is if you get a bad McDonalds employee you might only get the wrong hamburger order. If you get a bad cop you might get dead.

Having BEEN a police dispatcher I will tell you a few thigns about Restraining orders.
1: they are abused.  many attorneys. as a normal part of a divorce proceeding will file a restraining order against the husband.  Automatically. EVEN if there is no discord and the couple is in full agreement as to the divorce.

2: Some times I see them used as a weapon... A fairly common pair of phone calls from an "Ex-couple"

FIrst the phoen rings  I answer "9-1-1" and I get an ear full about how the caller has a restraining order against her EX and he is already at the bar when she arrives (Sure way to turn me off).  I tell her she has to call the local PD and "That won't work cause he's buddy buddy with half the officers there..." sorry lady, can't help you.  (By law the State police can not help her by the way. I'm not making it up)

Next call
9-1-1

I'm sitting here Minding my own business at the bar when my EX walks in. I've got a Restraining order....  Well save for "She's sleeping with half the officers".. it's the same chat.

How much you want to bet it's the same bar???? (Don't you will loose).

That is truth by the way.. More than once that happened.

I have heard prosecutors tell police "IN a domestic dispute ARREST THE MAN" 

Even if the man is a stereotypical 90 pound weakling. Needed EMS to take him to the hospital. and the woman is a body builder who did not have a mark on her saved for her knuckles from beating the crap out of him...    In this case I knew the man (now deceased).

Yeah the problem with restraining orders is that they're often only needed against the people who have no respect for the law anyway, so therefore aren't going to let a "stupid piece of paper" where they can go or who they can talk to. I know for mine, having one brought me NO comfort. That's why I armed myself, studied the laws, and got myself a people-eating mastiff pitbull mix. Those things brought way more comfort in knowing I wouldn't become a victim.

My 2 storiesabout LEO's are as follows.
My wife at the time and I were in the middle of a divorce proceeding and she called me PO"D because the judge would not give her use of MY camping trailer. Notice the word MY. Bought by me before marriage. Paid for by my before marriage and on a permanent site in the Thousand Islands.  So she called me and at the end of the very brief conversation I said the following words which I quote verbatim "HI HO HI HO it's off to camp I go".  Within 15 minutes there was a knock on my door and two of Syracuse Police departments finest were there to cuff me and take me away. Why? Because the words HI HO HI HO it's off to camp I go caused my soon to be ex-wife great distress and I was harassing her. The LEO's did not want to hear anything like she called me and could of hung up or none of the words, was worrisome they arrested me. When it got before the judge he threw it out but I have a record.

My soon to be stole the trailer off my lot about a month later. AS I stated is was titled and registered to me. When I called the State Police they stated it was a civil matter and they could do nothing. I finally found the trailer in a town about 2 hours from Syracuse and retrieved it. I placed it back on the lot it was originally on. So it was back where the judge had originally ordered it to stay. The wonderful STATE police arrested me. WHy you ask. Because the food in the cupboards was hers and since I took the trailer I stole her food. The judge laughed that one out also.
But to this day I have a harassment  charge and a theft charge on my records.
I have other stories about how she broke into the house and cleaned it out,
How she threw me out of bed then dialed 911 to get me arrested.

If you meet me I can regale you for hours about the divorce from hell

Removed unnecessary comment. Sarge

RVMommaTo6 said:
Yeah the problem with restraining orders is that they're often only needed against the people who have no respect for the law anyway, so therefore aren't going to let a "stupid piece of paper" where they can go or who they can talk to. I know for mine, having one brought me NO comfort. That's why I armed myself, studied the laws, and got myself a people-eating mastiff pitbull mix. Those things brought way more comfort in knowing I wouldn't become a victim.

Do you have your conceal permit?    I do, 9mm here.  I wear a belly wrap holster and love it.

And everyone i have horror stories as well about my ex and her psycho antics but i was more worried about my boys so i just took the high road and kept my mouth shut until the day came that i didnt have to anymore. 

We all learn a hard lesson growing up, justice is not about right and wrong.  Justice is about who has the more convincing story and who can toss the most dirt.  In the real world the good guys dont always win and they dont always get the girl, thats just the way it is.

durangod said:
Do you have your conceal permit?    I do, 9mm here.  I wear a belly wrap holster and love it.
I don't, I don't carry outside my house besides for hunting. (Which I got into after I started getting into guns lol) I have rifles and shot guns at home. On the road, I'll be bringing just one, probably my 30.06, but just for protection in grizzly country.
I would love a cc permit, but they're VERY difficult to get here so I haven't even tried.

RVMommaTo6 said:
I don't, I don't carry outside my house besides for hunting. (Which I got into after I started getting into guns lol) I have rifles and shot guns at home. On the road, I'll be bringing just one, probably my 30.06, but just for protection in grizzly country.
I would love a cc permit, but they're VERY difficult to get here so I haven't even tried.

Well i hope your in the habbit of looking around before you go to get into your car, i forget sometimes and i leave my back exposed. 

I was thinking about my deal last night in a new way.  It could be that the citation they gave me actually was the written notice.  Although i expected it from the business owner, it may be that this works out the be the same thing.  So ill leave it alone.

I know being an officer sometimes is just draining mentally but they must understand that before they put on that badge.  If they cant handle it and cannot stay unbiased, they should go do something else as a career.  It does take a special person to handle what they do. 

[quote author=darsben link=topic=116207.msg1052478#msg1052478 date=1534533225

"COPS are scum of the earth in my opinion"

I missed this ridiculous comment because I don't read your posts anymore. It is however the stupidest, most irresponsible comment ever. Congratulations!

We won't be slandering the very group of people that protect us and die for us. And that goes for law enforcement, fire fighters and our military. Not on this forum. You can voice a concern about a problem with a particular instance, but we WILL NOT be painting any group with a broad brush. Any further comments will be removed.

SargeW said:
We won't be slandering the very group of people that protect us and die for us. And that goes for law enforcement, fire fighters and our military. Not on this forum. You can voice a concern about a problem with a particular instance, but we WILL NOT be painting any group with a broad brush. Any further comments will be removed.
Thank you. ?

SargeW said:
Perhaps, maybe and possibly you are to close to the subject.  Not definite just could be. Sorry you disagree with my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom