When Officers dont get it right - it matters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
darsben said:
Perhaps, maybe and possibly you are to close to the subject.  Not definite just could be. Sorry you disagree with my opinion

Being ?too close? to the subject is not the problem. The problem is taking a group like law enforcement and say they are all scum of the earth. You cannot possibly personally know all law enforcement officers. Sure, there are bad cops. There are bad folks in the military. These are two very large organizations. They are made up of a microcosm of the Of all the folks in the US. You can probably predict that if 8% of the US population has red hair then 8% of LE and military will have red hair. To say that all LE are scum of the earth is ignorant at best.

I just skipped the comment and didnt reply because i knew it would cause a firestorm.  And as soon as someone replied to it, yep i was right.  Painting any group with a wide brush is not a good thing, there are good people and bad people in every walk of life and every job description out there.

Well there is one exception however "all vacuums suck"  lol  :)

durangod said:
I just skipped the comment and didnt reply because i knew it would cause a firestorm.  And as soon as someone replied to it, yep i was right.  Painting any group with a wide brush is not a good thing, there are good people and bad people in every walk of life and every job description out there.

Well there is one exception however "all vacuums suck"  lol  :)

Except the ones that don't work...    ;)

Oldgator73 said:
Being ?too close? to the subject is not the problem. The problem is taking a group like law enforcement and say they are all scum of the earth. You cannot possibly personally know all law enforcement officers. Sure, there are bad cops. There are bad folks in the military. These are two very large organizations. They are made up of a microcosm of the Of all the folks in the US. You can probably predict that if 8% of the US population has red hair then 8% of LE and military will have red hair. To say that all LE are scum of the earth is ignorant at best.

It's like someone saying that RVers are all scum, because of bad experiences with some. I'm thinking the response would be 'that's different'...    8)

SargeW said:
We won't be slandering the very group of people that protect us and die for us. And that goes for law enforcement, fire fighters and our military. Not on this forum. You can voice a concern about a problem with a particular instance, but we WILL NOT be painting any group with a broad brush. Any further comments will be removed.
:)) :)) :))

darsben said:
Perhaps, maybe and possibly you are to close to the subject.  Not definite just could be. Sorry you disagree with my opinion

I expect you will NOT be calling 911 when you have an emergency.  Sorry to see an entire class of public servants sullied by your written opinion and I agree with Sarge.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom