rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: When Officers dont get it right - it matters  (Read 1670 times)

darsben

• ---
  • Retired seeing the USA
Re: When Officers dont get it right - it matters
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2018, 02:13:45 PM »
My 2 storiesabout LEO's are as follows.
My wife at the time and I were in the middle of a divorce proceeding and she called me PO"D because the judge would not give her use of MY camping trailer. Notice the word MY. Bought by me before marriage. Paid for by my before marriage and on a permanent site in the Thousand Islands.  So she called me and at the end of the very brief conversation I said the following words which I quote verbatim "HI HO HI HO it's off to camp I go".  Within 15 minutes there was a knock on my door and two of Syracuse Police departments finest were there to cuff me and take me away. Why? Because the words HI HO HI HO it's off to camp I go caused my soon to be ex-wife great distress and I was harassing her. The LEO's did not want to hear anything like she called me and could of hung up or none of the words, was worrisome they arrested me. When it got before the judge he threw it out but I have a record.

My soon to be stole the trailer off my lot about a month later. AS I stated is was titled and registered to me. When I called the State Police they stated it was a civil matter and they could do nothing. I finally found the trailer in a town about 2 hours from Syracuse and retrieved it. I placed it back on the lot it was originally on. So it was back where the judge had originally ordered it to stay. The wonderful STATE police arrested me. WHy you ask. Because the food in the cupboards was hers and since I took the trailer I stole her food. The judge laughed that one out also.
But to this day I have a harassment  charge and a theft charge on my records.
I have other stories about how she broke into the house and cleaned it out,
How she threw me out of bed then dialed 911 to get me arrested.

If you meet me I can regale you for hours about the divorce from hell

Removed unnecessary comment. Sarge
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 09:57:33 AM by SargeW »
1990 Fleetwood Southwind on P30 chassis located in
Central NY in summer and beautiful Casa Grande AZ in winter

darsben

• ---
  • Retired seeing the USA
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2018, 02:15:16 PM »
Truth of the matter is that all law enforcement agencies hire from the same place as McDonalds. The human race.

But McDonalds get to pick first

durangod

• ---
  • The more i do the more my TODO list grows
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2018, 03:28:36 PM »
Yeah the problem with restraining orders is that they're often only needed against the people who have no respect for the law anyway, so therefore aren't going to let a "stupid piece of paper" where they can go or who they can talk to. I know for mine, having one brought me NO comfort. That's why I armed myself, studied the laws, and got myself a people-eating mastiff pitbull mix. Those things brought way more comfort in knowing I wouldn't become a victim.

Do you have your conceal permit?     I do, 9mm here.  I wear a belly wrap holster and love it.

And everyone i have horror stories as well about my ex and her psycho antics but i was more worried about my boys so i just took the high road and kept my mouth shut until the day came that i didnt have to anymore.   

We all learn a hard lesson growing up, justice is not about right and wrong.   Justice is about who has the more convincing story and who can toss the most dirt.   In the real world the good guys dont always win and they dont always get the girl, thats just the way it is.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 03:35:48 PM by durangod »
Dave, me, myself, and I
2007 Gulf Stream Conquest 24frbw
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Fulltime RV living perm location lake in East Texas
My name is short for durangodave

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2018, 03:36:17 PM »
Do you have your conceal permit?     I do, 9mm here.  I wear a belly wrap holster and love it.
I don't, I don't carry outside my house besides for hunting. (Which I got into after I started getting into guns lol) I have rifles and shot guns at home. On the road, I'll be bringing just one, probably my 30.06, but just for protection in grizzly country.
I would love a cc permit, but they're VERY difficult to get here so I haven't even tried.
Amanda
Mommy to 6 great kids who love camping and traveling
July 31, 2019- begin our 10 month cross country trip
2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2
2010 35ft Springdale bunkhouse TT
2001 Jayco Pop-up

durangod

• ---
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2018, 04:47:21 PM »
I don't, I don't carry outside my house besides for hunting. (Which I got into after I started getting into guns lol) I have rifles and shot guns at home. On the road, I'll be bringing just one, probably my 30.06, but just for protection in grizzly country.
I would love a cc permit, but they're VERY difficult to get here so I haven't even tried.

Well i hope your in the habbit of looking around before you go to get into your car, i forget sometimes and i leave my back exposed.   

I was thinking about my deal last night in a new way.  It could be that the citation they gave me actually was the written notice.  Although i expected it from the business owner, it may be that this works out the be the same thing.   So ill leave it alone.

I know being an officer sometimes is just draining mentally but they must understand that before they put on that badge.  If they cant handle it and cannot stay unbiased, they should go do something else as a career.   It does take a special person to handle what they do.   
Dave, me, myself, and I

Bill N

• ---
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2018, 07:24:42 AM »
COPS are scum of the earth in my opinion

As they say:  Opinions are like a$$holes - we all have one and they all stink.

Bill
Bill & Joan N in Missouri
USAF (Ret - 1961-1981)
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Workhorse W22, 8.1L Chevy V8
2013 Chevy Sonic Toad
Furbearers:  Heidi-17(Forever), Cats: Grace-11 & Squeak-6, Winnie the ShihTzu - 16 mos

Alpena Jeff

• ---
  • God bless America!
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2018, 09:51:13 AM »
[quote author=darsben link=topic=116207.msg1052478#msg1052478 date=1534533225

"COPS are scum of the earth in my opinion"

I missed this ridiculous comment because I don't read your posts anymore. It is however the stupidest, most irresponsible comment ever. Congratulations!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 10:28:27 AM by Alpena Jeff »
Jeff & Judy
2016 Newmar Ventana 3427
2018 GMC Canyon All Terrain toad
Blue Ox Aventa LX - RVi3 - EEZRV
Retired to "the lake" in north Michigan

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2018, 10:07:53 AM »
We won't be slandering the very group of people that protect us and die for us. And that goes for law enforcement, fire fighters and our military. Not on this forum. You can voice a concern about a problem with a particular instance, but we WILL NOT be painting any group with a broad brush. Any further comments will be removed.
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
2018 JLU Jeep Sahara
Visit our new travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2018
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!

RVMommaTo6

• ---
  • New York
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2018, 10:13:39 AM »
We won't be slandering the very group of people that protect us and die for us. And that goes for law enforcement, fire fighters and our military. Not on this forum. You can voice a concern about a problem with a particular instance, but we WILL NOT be painting any group with a broad brush. Any further comments will be removed.
Thank you. 👍
Amanda
Mommy to 6 great kids who love camping and traveling
July 31, 2019- begin our 10 month cross country trip
2015 Thor Motor Coach A.C.E. 30.2
2010 35ft Springdale bunkhouse TT
2001 Jayco Pop-up

darsben

• ---
  • Retired seeing the USA
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2018, 12:16:59 PM »
Perhaps, maybe and possibly you are to close to the subject.  Not definite just could be. Sorry you disagree with my opinion

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2018, 12:52:11 PM »
Perhaps, maybe and possibly you are to close to the subject.  Not definite just could be. Sorry you disagree with my opinion

Being “too close” to the subject is not the problem. The problem is taking a group like law enforcement and say they are all scum of the earth. You cannot possibly personally know all law enforcement officers. Sure, there are bad cops. There are bad folks in the military. These are two very large organizations. They are made up of a microcosm of the Of all the folks in the US. You can probably predict that if 8% of the US population has red hair then 8% of LE and military will have red hair. To say that all LE are scum of the earth is ignorant at best.
Retired Air Force
2016 Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier
1952 Wife

durangod

• ---
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2018, 03:06:22 PM »
I just skipped the comment and didnt reply because i knew it would cause a firestorm.  And as soon as someone replied to it, yep i was right.   Painting any group with a wide brush is not a good thing, there are good people and bad people in every walk of life and every job description out there.

Well there is one exception however "all vacuums suck"  lol   :)
Dave, me, myself, and I

signcut

• ---
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2018, 04:07:22 PM »
I just skipped the comment and didnt reply because i knew it would cause a firestorm.  And as soon as someone replied to it, yep i was right.   Painting any group with a wide brush is not a good thing, there are good people and bad people in every walk of life and every job description out there.

Well there is one exception however "all vacuums suck"  lol   :)

Except the ones that don't work...    ;)
"Man is the only animal that blushes... or needs to." - Mark Twain

signcut

• ---
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2018, 04:09:08 PM »
Being “too close” to the subject is not the problem. The problem is taking a group like law enforcement and say they are all scum of the earth. You cannot possibly personally know all law enforcement officers. Sure, there are bad cops. There are bad folks in the military. These are two very large organizations. They are made up of a microcosm of the Of all the folks in the US. You can probably predict that if 8% of the US population has red hair then 8% of LE and military will have red hair. To say that all LE are scum of the earth is ignorant at best.

It's like someone saying that RVers are all scum, because of bad experiences with some. I'm thinking the response would be 'that's different'...    8)
"Man is the only animal that blushes... or needs to." - Mark Twain

Dragginourbedaround

• ---
  • I look out the window and see trees, I'm camping
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2018, 05:12:43 PM »
:)) :)) :))
Gene

2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2011 Honda Fit

Bill N

• ---
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2018, 06:27:15 PM »

I expect you will NOT be calling 911 when you have an emergency.  Sorry to see an entire class of public servants sullied by your written opinion and I agree with Sarge.

Bill
Bill & Joan N in Missouri
USAF (Ret - 1961-1981)
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Workhorse W22, 8.1L Chevy V8
2013 Chevy Sonic Toad
Furbearers:  Heidi-17(Forever), Cats: Grace-11 & Squeak-6, Winnie the ShihTzu - 16 mos

captsteve

• ---
  • measure with a micrometer, cut with a chainsaw!
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2018, 07:06:03 PM »
It appears this whole thread has run its course...
Capt Steve has the Conn, Trina navigator ( Admiral )
2004 American Revolution 40c (aka Fat Girl) **Sold**
2017 Ram 1500 (Future Toad)
Piper Archer II  (Where the RV money goes)

Back2PA

• Global Moderator
  • ---
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2018, 07:15:00 PM »
It appears this whole thread has run its course...

Agree. This is an RV forum, let's get back to RVs
Scott
Fulltiming in a 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Cat 350
Eezrv TPMS, 970W Solar, Tri-Metric Battery monitor
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab toad
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster toad braking system

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2018, 08:08:21 PM »
 :)) :)) :)) I agree. Thanks Scott.
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
2018 JLU Jeep Sahara
Visit our new travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2018
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!