How do you send and receive mail living 24/7 on an RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silverbackman

How do you send and receive mail living 24/7 on an RV? How could you send and receive packages? Since you don't have a fixed address, it seems like it would be difficult.

You get a mail forwarding service and use them as your permanent mailing address.  Many full timers join the Escapees and use their service.  The Escapees have the largest private mail forwarding service in the country and even have their own zip code.  Most campgrounds will allow you to have mail sent to you in their care, but ask first.  We also use General Delivery if we're not sure where we're going to be camping.  Sending mail is easy, just find a mailbox :)  Packages can be received through the mail service but then you have to pay to have them forwarded.  Much easier to use a delivery address where you're staying.  All the major delivery services (UPS, FedEx, Airborne) will deliver to campgrounds.

Like Ned we also use Escapees Mail service.  When traveling we just call or e-mail the mail service and request the mail be sent to wherever we plan on being.  Now that we are at Sam's Camp for the summer our mailing instructions to the mail service was to send mail every Friday to here.

Silver

A lot depends on how much traveling you will be doing and how long you will be staying at a given location. More mobile, I would recommend Escapees. You have more flexibility. If you will be at a know location for a week at a time or more, I would recommend FMCA. They have no mail forwarding fee, only charging you for the weekly (if requested) cost of the priority mail envelope. FMCA only mails once a week, day dependent on your name, and doesn't screen mail for you. We have used FMCA and are quite satisfied with it. We call on Monday with our address and usually have our mail by Thursday. You can have FMCA mail to the same address for a scheduled period without your having to call  or give them a list of dates and mailing addresses so you needn't call every week.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
When recommending FMCA ( I think FMCA and Escapees are both great) there is one caveat. You have to have a motorhome to belong to FMCA.

Don, thanks. I forgot the qualificationn

We use FMCA.  Have package sent to either the park we will be in or to general del at the local post office.  We have used other services and by far FMCA is the best we have used.
Cheryl

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom