Propane Pressure and Tent Tears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NS Canuck

Hi, we just returned from our first excursion away from 'camp driveway'and I have three problems/questions.
1. I seem to have very low propane pressure on all devices (RVQ, stove, and fridge. In fact, I can barely see the flame on my stove and it takes a good while to boil water. I can do it much faster on my little stove using a small disposable canister of propane. I can't see any flame on the fridge burner but I know its working as it is a little warm in the burner area. Is this a regulator problem?
2. If I can get more pressure from this system, I'd rather use my exterior stove with the same supply pipe as the RVQ uses so I can avoid using the little disposable canisters that cost too much for the amount of propane in them. How do I convert the small threaded connection to a propane quick connect compatible with the RVQ supply on the side of the PUP?  Dealer said I can get a 'y' connectior and use the same hose for both at the same time.
3. One of the kids pulled off one of the strips that keep the vinly windows in place when they are zipped open. It put a one inch horizontal tear in the tent. Fortunately, it is up under the canopy, but I want to stitch it up or repair it to avoid having it get bigger. I also want to reattach the strip. ANy suggestions for a repair to the tear in the tent?

Thanks in advance for your help.

As Carl says, you have a clog in the propane line or regulator .  It's usually an oily residue that sometimes accumulates in the bottom of propane tanks and occasionally get sucked up into the feed lines. Get it fixed at a propane shop or RV dealer - they can replace the regulator or clean out the LP lines if needed.  A new regulator isn't expensive (about $20) and you can easily change it yourself with a pair of wrenches, so you might want to just try that first. I suppose tere is a rare chance that one of the flexible LP hoses is crimped, but usually the RVQ is fed straight from a black iron pipe, so a crimp is not likely in your case.

Marshal Brass makes just about every variety of propane adapter that can be imagined - I carry most of them so I can make any combination of hook-up I want.  Here's a site that illustrates most of them.  You can add a tee & hose called an Extend-A-Flow which will allow you to tap into the RV supply with an extension hose and feed BBQ grills, lights, etc. via that hose (which has a fitting identical to disposable propane bottles).  Extend-A-Flow  The Extend-A-Stay is similar but adds the capability to run the RV off an external LP tank if your main tank runs low.

As Carl and Roamer said it most likely is a clogged line but it could be the regulator as well. Have a certified tech check it out. As far as adapting the grill, you must remove the regulator from the portable grill since the RVQ feed is already regulated from the RV. I would expect any decent propane appliance dealer should be able to handle the task.

Back
Top Bottom