Bucket List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hahahha  Quoting Momma to 6:

I never would have though to ask because I didn't know that I didn't know.

That  makes  me smile!

RVMommaTo6 said:
So beautiful! Crater Lake is on the list and I added Shasta Lake now too!

Make sure you go to Crater Lake in July/August because those are the only months you can usually expect not to see snow.

FWIW we experienced snow in Yellowstone two weeks ago (at altitudes > 8500 ft) and nighttime temps got as low as 26F.  Do make sure that you plan to visit these parks during the right seasons, or be prepared for cold weather and snow.

Hmmm, I think we have Crater Lake on the itinerary in late September or early October.
Caryl I'm right there with you! The longer I live the longer my bucket list gets lol, even though I work on it every year!

The longer I live the longer my bucket list gets lol, even though I work on it every year!

I know, right? I just added Dante's View in Death Valley to my bucket list tonight after seeing a link UTTranplant posted in her Death Valley Rally thread.  :eek:

cadee2c said:
I know, right? I just added Dante's View in Death Valley to my bucket list tonight after seeing a link UTTranplant posted in her Death Valley Rally thread.  :eek:

No kidding.  I saved the whole link for Nov.  We're still trying to make the 49ers encampment and that seemed like a lot to do to fill the week.

sandpsycho said:
I dated a girl that lived there for 2 years, my brother went to collage there, I have friends that live there. I'm more then familiar with the city. You are the only person I have ever heard tell anyone to watch out for snow in Las Vegas. The annual snow fall is zero inches a year. Yes Mt. Charleston that's 90 minutes away gets snow. There are over a half dozen ski resorts closer to me then Lee Canyon is to Vegas but it still don't snow here in Corona CA and it doesn't snow in Paradise NV. Has snow fallen there yes but Clark county didn't have to run out and buy snow plows. You more likely to win a progressive slot then get snow.
It has snowed twice in Las Vegas this week. And I didn't win any progressives.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/snow-falls-las-vegas-second-time-week-n973876

Really Tom?  You remembered this post from 5 months ago and came back to it.  Good job.
I can't remember what we talked about last week, much less a post from 5 months ago.

Wow, look, it's Thursday already.  ;D  ;D

Old_Crow said:
Really Tom?  You remembered this post from 5 months ago and came back to it.  Good job.
I can't remember what we talked about last week, much less a post from 5 months ago.

Wow, look, it's Thursday already.  ;D  ;D
I remembered it because someone called me a liar when I was obviously telling the truth. My memory is getting worse so thank heavens for the Search button. The main reason was to point out to anyone thinking of going to Vegas in the winter that it does snow there. And snow in Vegas is very dangerous. When it gets warmer the snow will melt and then when it gets cold again it will turn to turn to ice. And the really big problem with that is most people in Las Vegas have no clue how to drive on ice or snow.

SeilerBird said:
And the really big problem with that is most people in Las Vegas have no clue how to drive on ice or snow.

That is now a nationwide problem.  We now need to bury the northeast in copious amounts of salt all winter long.

lynnmor said:
That is now a nationwide problem.  We now need to bury the northeast in copious amounts of salt all winter long.
Not a problem at Lake Tahoe. The locals drive on snow and ice like as if it is not there. If you only drive the speed limit you will get run over. :eek:

We live in the Chicago suburbs.  We are very much looking forward to some long trips West of the Mississippi, but with us both still working full time, it's quite tough to get a block of time longer than 1-2 weeks, and with the distances involved, we don't feel we'd get the most out of it.  I'm definitely noting some interesting possibilities from this thread! 

Short term, we are planning a 10 day (or so) leisurely trip around Lake Michigan, with stops along the coast of WI, UP of MI and lower MI.  Some gorgeous country along that route.  This is assuming that we'll leave the UP once we get there... Got a feeling we'll immediately fall in love with it!

When it gets warmer the snow will melt and then when it gets cold again it will turn to turn to ice. And the really big problem with that is most people in Las Vegas have no clue how to drive on ice or snow.

Today was a school "snow day" because the Clark County School District was worried about safe driving of school buses and parents driving kids to school on black ice.

The entire Las Vegas valley is ringed by mountains covered with snow.  More than we've seen before and in every direction right down close to the valley floor at about 2,000 feet elevation.

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
The entire Las Vegas valley is ringed by mountains covered with snow.  More than we've seen before and in every direction right down close to the valley floor at about 2,000 feet elevation.ArdraF

Yeah, tell me about it.  I bucked snow with the tractor for three hours yesterday just to make room for the ten inches were supposed to get tonight.

Attachments

• Snow Feb 2019 house.jpg
    Snow Feb 2019 house.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 16
Isaac-1 said:
There are so many places to explore, ?.. like the National Pacific War Museum in Fredericksburg, Texas ( a small town about 75 miles west of Austin in the Texas Hill Country).  ??. a town of 12,000 people in central Texas, the basic ticket is a 2 day pass for a reason.
The WWII museum in New Orleans is well worth seeing. Take the time to see the film. Many other museums in NOLA as well.
I lived in NOLA for a short time and generally ignored the Cajun / Creole  labels.  Lots of good food to be found in the Warehouse district and the Garden District. . Just avoid the French Quarter tourist traps and the pretentious overpriced traps.
In general you will find RV parking difficult in much of the City but the MOMA in Midtown has plenty of parking. .  Sorry of I went off the thread.
Pat

Isaac-1 said:
I am worried that some of that seems awfully ambitious, particularly in the western states, like Mount Rushmore one day and Grand Tetons the next.  That is 500 miles worth of driving with no time in the schedule to actually see anything.
Those of you unfamiliar with the Plains States and the Western US should really look at a map and be aware of the miles involved and various altitudes. Lots of space out here. It's well worth doing but allow time.  US101 is 1500 miles long. 
Pat

Back
Top Bottom