Host Cascade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

charann5169

I sold my 36 foot Diesel Pusher, bought a Ram 3500 Dually, with a 6.7 Turbo Diesel, equipped with the Aisen Tranny. Mounted a Host 10.6 Camper on top. Do I need a sway bar?

I have a Ram 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually and a Artic Fox 992. I added bags to level the truck, and what was another plus was that it rides much nicer loaded. I could live without a sway bar, but I plan on one shortly. I think it'll help to improve the ride even more with controlling the sway. We just returned from a fishing trip up to Coos Bay and towed our 24' Skipjack boat up and back on this trip. 550 miles each way traveling I-5 northern Ca/Ore. threw the mountains and onto Ore. state route 42 west to Coos. I experienced more sway at freeway speeds on the curvey grades of I-5 then the slower speeds on the 2 lane 42 west to the coast. I know its about the g force/speed and what not, but I feel that for me the improved handling on a Hwy and all around there is a real benefit with a heavy duty sway bar. If you add a after market bar, get one that works with airbag suspensions incase you have/want to add those later. I was looking at some and not all where compatible,,,gregg

So, I guess Dodge DRW's don't come with a sway bar as standard equipment. Ford DRW's come standard with a sway bar.
I have a larger camper than either of you guys and I experience no sway with my camper and my boat in tow. Don't know if having a sway bar is the reason.
I live a couple of miles off 42 near Coquille.

I bought my truck used with 80k on it, no factory rear sway bar, only the front. We may be neighbors in a year or so. I've been fishing in your backyard for the last 5 yrs and love the area. The Camas valley is beautiful and the weather seems perfect for us. I can get a bigger after market sway bar then what the factory offers. Glad this subject came up, going to order one today,,,gregg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom