Dometic 310 issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LTWinnebago

I'm posting this in the Winnebago section, since just about all my posts revolve around working the bugs out of my new rig.

Out of the box, the toilet leaked at the base, I took it back to the Florida dealer (day 2), and while there I upgraded from the tupperware toilet to a Dometic 310.  Moved through Florida, still leaked at the base a day or two later, tightened it myself, seemed better, traveled home from Florida, and to a dealer for warranty repair.

So, after 3 weeks sitting there, they let me know they stopped the leak at the base with a new gasket, however, it now leaks a little from another location.  :-\

Took the rig out for two trips, placed a small towel on the floor underneath the pedal, as the water seemed to come from there, not the base.  Checking the web, I bought a Dometic replacement valve.  I removed the valve, seems ok, but I don't know it it operates correctly, figure that replacing it was a ok gamble ~$25 Amazon.

Anything else could I be missing, since the valve is an easy fix, I figure I'd do it myself and avoid a month at a dealer. It would cost me ~$100 + in gas to get to the dealer and back home for a FREE repair.

Thanks for any insight. 

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

Yup, the rig was brand new, Day 1, the original Thetford toilet was a lightweight plastic unit that felt really cheap and leaked from the base. 

So, on Day 2, I got the dealer to replace the Thetford with a Dometic 310, (begging on my part).  On Day 4, the Dometic also leaked from the bottom, (gasket must have been bad).  Now being away from the dealer, I tightened the base bolts, which minimized the leaking. 

Managed to get home and back to a warranty dealer, it took 3 weeks to change out the gasket, solving THAT problem, but for whatever reason, after getting it out on the road again a different leak has appeared emanating from the pedal area.

I decided to replace the valve, as it is a likely source of the leak for $25, as gas alone will cost me over $100 to get back to the dealer. 

Sorry to be so confusing, but fixing it myself seemed a better idea.

Generally - I you completely replace something and the problem still exists, chances are pretty high the item you replaced wasn't the problem - just saying.  Do you have the sprayer?  I would check for mis-installation of the original closet flange, etc.  I feel your pain.

I installed the 310 and had difficulty with the water supply attachment as Thetford and Dometic used two different rubber gaskets for the female fitting.  You might look at that.

Ok, replaced the valve. Replacement kit came with the valve, 2 screws and a screw clamp.  Really simple install, no leaks...sweet. Added a little teflon tape to the threads on the water connection.  No sprayer.  Thanks...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom