Sold without a tow bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

breezie

Why is it, with so many people towing a vehicle behind their class A motorhomes, do you almost never see a MH for sale with any sort of towing system attached or included?

Do people keep them or is it bad practice to use a used one, or what?

Just curious. (and an ignorant newbie...but I'm working on it)

I would think most transfer the towbar and accessories to their next motorhome. I have seen a bunch with the towbar still on the motorhome, but usually that's when they have decided to hang up the keys.

I recently traded my 2007 Saturn that was all set up for towing.  I took everything but the baseplate off to put on my new toad.

In most cases I'd do like Chas.  THe baseplat is often Model specific. Unless I was planing on getting a new towed, or already had one, that took THE SAME BASEPLATE.. I'd leave it on the car.

Benefit to new owner

A couple times back with my first towed it needed towing... By a tow truck (For example I had AAA take me home (on a hook) when the fuel pump died. then the next AM I towed it to the shop with the Motor home. waited in the RV watching TV and towed it home when done)

Well the tow bar was an ideal hook up point for the tow truck, No need to crawl around under the car

I should buy a clevas and pin to match the baseplate but.> Easier to hook to the BP

Time for muy Radio Contact of the week.

They either re-use the tow bar on their next coach, or sell it separately.  You will see tow bars for sale on Ebay, craisglist, and rv site classified ads like this one.

I see occasional coaches for sale with the tow bar included, maybe 10-15% of the private sale classifier ads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom