Ideal rest bed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richpet

We have a 2013 37F Adventurer.  The bedroom slide out won't come in unless the bed is fully retracted if the bed won't retract what do you check or do to resolve the problem?

Welcome. Is this a new to you RV? If you've owned this for a while, is that behavior abnormal? I think on some models the bed has to be retracted before the slide will operate.

I would check to see if you are getting power to the motor that runs the bed in and out. Might be the switch on the wall or the limit switch that allows the slide to come in might be suspect. I jumpered out the switch that doesn't allow the slide to come in until the bed is fully up as it gave me problems on a regular basis.  Of course you have to remember that when you bring the slide in.

I have that crazy system.  There are microswitches that interlock so that you can't bring in the slide if the bed is down, and you can't lower the bed if the slide is in.  Your slide may have moved in just enough to release the microswitch for the slide and it thinks it is in, not letting you operate the bed.  Try going out with the slide to take it to it's extreme and it might push in on the microswitch.  If that doesn't work you may have to get under the bed and find that switch and adjust it.

I have already bypassed the microswitches on the bed, so it operates whenever I want, but occasionally I have to bring the slide in a bit and go back out to make the bed operate because of the slide microswitch.  I'm able to bring the slide in a bit, because I bypassed the bed switches.  Your's may not come in, but should go out.

When I bypassed the switches, I assured myself no one would be so dumb that they would bring in the slides with the bed down.  I won't talk about what happened last month, but I will say the closet doors suffered no damage and I was able to get them back in their tracks without too much effort :)

Mile High said:
....When I bypassed the switches, I assured myself no one would be so dumb that they would bring in the slides with the bed down.  I won't talk about what happened last month, but I will say the closet doors suffered no damage and I was able to get them back in their tracks without too much effort :)
LOL. After about five years of owning/running around the country in our Horizon, we retracted the large salon slide with a cupboard door opened up some. Fortunately just a tiny bit of damage. I always thought about making a set up/tear down checklist but never did.

John Canfield said:
LOL. After about five years of owning/running around the country in our Horizon, we retracted the large salon slide with a cupboard door opened up some. Fortunately just a tiny bit of damage. I always thought about making a set up/tear down checklist but never did.
;D  I have this really fancy checklist on my cell phone (RVChecklist) that I can customize and make multiple scenarios.  Do I use it? ....rarely... I am the worst offender :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom