Inverter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William52

LP gas  detector went off then noticed fridge off checked 12 volt power down to 9V so suspect the inverter has died? Hooked up a battery charger to make sure fridge is ok all good for now also starting battery was low. It's always something...On shore power btw.

Actually it is the onboard battery charging function that is probably dead. Whether that is part of an inverter or converter or even a separate unit varies with the RV electrical design.  Unless it has been modified since it left the factory, your 2000 Pace includes house battery charging as part of a converter/charger.  It is probably part of an integrated power center that handles both 120v and 12v power.

Myp Rig is equpped with both an inverter and a converter. Last halloween. Well the inverter died Spring 2017 and I've yet to replace it. The converter went as well so the batteries went down

Hooked up a Deltran Battery Tender (the big one about 100 bucks at auto zone) it being Sunday when I figured it out (The lights on teh fridge started flashing) and no way to get a new converter. That did the job. though it took 24 hours to charge 'em all up at 20 amps.

Monday I drove to Tekonsha MI still with the Deltran hooked up. did not  use much power
Halloween AM I drove the car to Marshall (About 15 miles) and walked out the Factory Parts  and service dept with a brand new Factory Refurm Progressive Dynamics 9180... and on the road again.

The labor was less than 20 minutes to take it out. cap off the wires. put the new one in and then later I anchored it.  just so you know.    This or next month I'm getting a new inverter/charger as well. Cause I miss that 2,KW inverter.

I guess its a Progressive Dynamics PD9155 Not making 12.6 to 13.6 volts anymore Will look into a refurbished one maybe a little better one? Your thoughts...BTW 110 going in is good.

William52 said:
I guess its a Progressive Dynamics PD9155 Not making 12.6 to 13.6 volts anymore Will look into a refurbished one maybe a little better one? Your thoughts...BTW 110 going in is good.
Up date I called the factory they no longer sell refurbished units anymore or to the public they gave me the # for leisure time products (517 554 1586) and ordered a PD9260CV cheaper than 213.00 Amazon. 195.80 W shipping.

William52 said:

Better you won't get if it has the charge wizard plugged in. If not adding the wiz will improve it if it is working (Making 13.6 volts)  You can get a Refurb factory direct, like I did. shoudl be under 200 dollars. or get a 9200 let me do a bit of research for you. https://www.progressivedyn.com/rv/charge-wizard/pd9105-tcms-charge-wizard/

https://www.progressivedyn.com/rv/power-converters/pd9200-series-rv-power-converters/#specifications

you can call them and ask for pricing on Factory Refurburished units. they ship all over the coutry.  Express.

Back
Top Bottom