Most photographed spot in the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

One of the things I liked to discuss with other serious photographers while out on the road is what is the most photographed spot in the US. I realize there is probably no real way to know for sure but it is fun to speculate. Popular answers are Old Faithful, Mather Point at the Grand Canyon and Yosemite Falls. I found a list online of the ten most photographed spots but I don't agree with it at all. Key West could not make the top ten nor could Delicate Arch. Not enough people visit there. But Niagara Falls, Golden Gate Bridge and the Washington Monument are good contenders.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/usa/most-photographed-spots-in-the-us/

Dragginourbedaround said:
Just opened your link and Key West and Delicate Arch both were in there. Unless I?m reading something wrong.

I believe Tom was saying they're on the list but he doesn't believe it's accurate

Sun2Retire said:
I believe Tom was saying they're on the list but he doesn't believe it's accurate
Yes I was saying I don't agree with the list. There just isn't massive crowds hiking up to Delicate Arch or driving out to Key West. The hike up to Delicate Arch is a mile and a half up hill all the way. Stunning hike but not very crowded.

Tom, I have taken pictures at most of those locations, and agree that there are a whole lot more places that could/should have been listed.  Now, take a look at the Canadian equivalent, but there too some don't rank up with others, and there are lots more That I consider more phot worthy:  https://where.ca/blog/slideshow/canadas-16-most-photographed-places/slide/bc-empress-hotel/

Ed

SeilerBird said:
Yes I was saying I don't agree with the list. There just isn't massive crowds hiking up to Delicate Arch or driving out to Key West. The hike up to Delicate Arch is a mile and a half up hill all the way. Stunning hike but not very crowded.
I dunno. If I had hiked a mile and a half up to Delicate Arch or driven all the way down to Key West, I might be inclined to take a bunch of photos just so I know I got one good one and won't have to do it again. Maybe it's not crowd size, but camera clicks they are counting. ;D

Hfx_Cdn said:
    Tom, I have taken pictures at most of those locations, and agree that there are a whole lot more places that could/should have been listed.  Now, take a look at the Canadian equivalent, but there too some don't rank up with others, and there are lots more That I consider more phot worthy:  https://where.ca/blog/slideshow/canadas-16-most-photographed-places/slide/bc-empress-hotel/

Ed
Those are some great photos Ed. I am sure bummed I did not get to visit all of Canada's National Parks too. I planned out the trips but ran out of time.

Molaker said:
I dunno. If I had hiked a mile and a half up to Delicate Arch or driven all the way down to Key West, I might be inclined to take a bunch of photos just so I know I got one good one and won't have to do it again. Maybe it's not crowd size, but camera clicks they are counting. ;D
You could very well be right Tom but I have been to Key West and there is not a lot there to photograph. Same with the arch. One good shot of the arch is all you really need, there isn't much else there to photograph. But it is an interesting list.

I had read the statue of Liberty was the most photographed place i the US... There is a lot to shoot in Key West,you just have to have an eye and time to look around

Ernie n Tara said:
Try Key West on Halloween week! Google it.

Ernie
I am glad I am not in Key West right now. Gordon is kicking the crap out of Key West. I tried to watch a video about Key West called The Spirit of the Florida Keys. It is one of the worst videos I have seen lately. The colors were massively over saturated. And the fast editing was like watching a strobe light. I lasted five minutes.

With Delicate Arch and probably others as well, I guess it depends on when you go.  To be sure there have been quite a few photos taken of Delicate Arch over the years. I have only been to and photographed Delicate Arch once, but when I did it was crowded.  It was a good thing I was hiking at a fast clip, because I beat quite a few hiker/photographers to the Arch and was able to scout out and get my chosen spot.  Then the crowds rolled in and it became quite crowded.  So IMHO Delicate Arch does deserve to be on the list.  On the other hand when I visited Key West it was not overly crowded, so based on that one experience I can see how it might be on the list.

SeilerBird said:
One of the things I liked to discuss with other serious photographers while out on the road is what is the most photographed spot in the US. I realize there is probably no real way to know for sure but it is fun to speculate. Popular answers are Old Faithful, Mather Point at the Grand Canyon and Yosemite Falls. I found a list online of the ten most photographed spots but I don't agree with it at all. Key West could not make the top ten nor could Delicate Arch. Not enough people visit there. But Niagara Falls, Golden Gate Bridge and the Washington Monument are good contenders.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda:  Times Square, PCH, L'Vegas strip, Zion, G'Canyon, Mt Rushmore, Alamo, French Quarter, 14 teeners, Old Faithful, Yosemite, San Francisco de Asis Mission Church, Vietnam Memorial, Mick Jagger, Pacific Ocean sunset, Waikiki beach, ABQ Balloons, Monument Valley, ...

Tom, if you're not a member of this Facebook group, Eastern Sierra & Scenic Hwy 395, take a look.  Lot's of photos of the Eastern Sierra's which you might enjoy viewing. 

garyb1st said:
Tom, if you're not a member of this Facebook group, Eastern Sierra & Scenic Hwy 395, take a look.  Lot's of photos of the Eastern Sierra's which you might enjoy viewing.
Thanks Gary. I have traveled 395 many times, it is one of my favorite highways. My mom used to live in Reno and my sister at Lake Tahoe. I lived near LA and it was my favorite route to use for the trip. Outrageous scenery and the road was usually empty. She just posted an article today on Facebook about a fire very close to 395:

http://www.kolotv.com/content/news/Plane-crash-above-Bowers-Mansion-sparks-fire-492294501.html

It is close to Mt Rose ski resort my favorite ski resort in the country. I used to have a season pass when I lived in Reno.

I think Crater Lake in Oregon may be up near the top also. And the way Multnomah Falls was packed with tourists last time I went through there, I wouldnt be surprised if that was up there too.

cadee2c said:
I think Crater Lake in Oregon may be up near the top also. And the way Multnomah Falls was packed with tourists last time I went through there, I wouldnt be surprised if that was up there too.

Crater Lake, maybe not because it is closed for a fair part of the year. But, when open, yeah it's busy. Multnomah is generally open year around so it may be one of the most photographed spots for sure.

My state lists the Space Needle and only tourists and cellphone photographers would bother with that with so many other options up here..

Shuksan is just for starters,

SeilerBird said:

Ech, how can they actually calculate something like this accurately? But yeah, it's fun to speculate. I'm all for the natural wonders. Canyon be the best :)

larit said:
Ech, how can they actually calculate something like this accurately? But yeah, it's fun to speculate. I'm all for the natural wonders. Canyon be the best :)
They can't really but what they do is count the number of photos Google has collected. My post was a theoretical thing. I was just wondering what other people thought were the most photographed spot in the country.

Back
Top Bottom