Learned a lesson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ELeland

Always check RV Upgrades before making a purchase.  I bought a base plate last week through Blue Ox for my 2018 Explorer.  I paid $529 plus tax plus $40 shipping.  The total came to roughly $610. and it was delivered as promised.  Remco was the same price but had none in stock.

Fast forward to this morning and I was searching for an unrelated product on RV Upgrades and I see the exact same Blue Ox base plate for $395 which includes free shipping.  Over 20 in stock.

Lesson learned, but how do they sell for less than the manufacturer?

ELeland said:
A smart manufacturer will never sell retail for less than his distributors. If he does, he will quickly lose his network of distributors

ELeland said:

Agree with checking RVupgrades. Especially since they are a site sponsor. Their prices have always been reasonable on everything I got from them.

As far as someone selling cheaper than the manufacturer, the manufacturer may sell at a high retail price on their site, but sell at deep discounts to their dealers. It's their way of being fair to their dealers. If they sold at a lesser price, they wouldn't have 100's of dealers out there pushing their products.

Punomatic types faster than me-what he said.:)

HappyWanderer said:
They lose money on every sale, but make it up with volume.  :)
Gotta Love it!!!

I have purchased from RV Upgrades several times.  1. SITE SPONSOR!!!    2.  Very competitive prices    3.  Fast Accurate Delivery.

Highly recommend them!

Back
Top Bottom