Class C outside heater vent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dbrooks69

Have a brand new Sunseeker Class C with the heater vent on the side we spend all our time, next to the entry door....bought the little cage to out over the vent but that doesn't cut down the heat pouring out.....any ideas how to protect people from getting burned by the vent?  Thanks

The little cages are to keep bugs out. Unfortunately (as far as I know) there are no approved deflectors, etc for that furnace exhaust. You definitely don't want to do anything which would disrupt or slow the flow of hot air as that could be a safety issue. Unless someone reaches over and puts their hand on the vent I don't think it will be an issue.

yeah, I'm guessing water heater or furnace...but since it's summer, I'll bet you're right...water heater.
I can see where that could be an issue on the awning side.

sorry, I have no idea other than to find a way to block it off...like a table just under (but not in front of it where it might burn) it so folks can't walk up to it easily.  My furnace is on that side...not nearly as high use of an appliance as a wh, but that's what I have done the few times I've needed to.

Not a common question. You could switch to electric portable heaters if need be. If its the WH put it on the electric heating element. No problems. Running the heater on propane is gonna empty your tanks fast so you need a plan. Good Luck!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom