Why such a weight difference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2PawsRiver

The four primary toy haulers we have been looking at are the Jayco 4113, the Fuzion 427, the Momentum 399TH and the Cyclone 4270.  We settled on the Cyclone 4270, though I wanted the Momentum......anyhow was looking at our cargo capacity and it is much lower then the others, primarily because while there is not a significant difference in size the weight difference is huge...?.any thoughts on why the Cyclone is so much heavier...?.I am telling myself it is because it is built better...??.thoughts.

That was my first thought as well.  Assuming similar size and equipment, and no significant visual differences, it must be a heavier chassis or flooring or more insulation or thicker side walls.  I am trusting you are referencing a higher Dry wt here - about the only thing dry wt is good for!

they  all have a side patio except the fuzion my guess is the brochure was made up pre production(very common). look at your specific unit to see the weight.

either way enjoy nice unit i hope you have a good truck they are all heavy i was looking at the Fuzion last weekend lol

The only reason we went with the Cyclone over the Fuzion was the cabinet space and storage inside the unit.

I am all set truck wise.....2018 3500 long bed dually, 4/10 turbo cummins.....good for a 30,000 pound fifth wheel.

My guess would be the floor stringers, or I-beams whatever you call them. Our toyhauler uses 10 inch tall I -beams instead of 8 inch ones in other similar sizes trailers. Its heavier,  but has a better cargo capacity.

Jkoht said:
My guess would be the floor stringers, or I-beams whatever you call them. Our toyhauler uses 10 inch tall I -beams instead of 8 inch ones in other similar sizes trailers. Its heavier,  but has a better cargo capacity.

I thought that too, but actually the cargo capacity is simply 20,000 pounds minus the shipping weight of the trailer.  While the shipping weight is higher, the cargo capacity is actually smaller.

Actually a little worried about our total weight.  Bikes are around 1,200 pounds.  If few carry 100 gallons of water,add 800, only leaves between 700 and 800 pounds for misc stuff.  Pretty much already decided we won't travel with water. 

Back
Top Bottom