Mail forwarding services

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smoky said:
Ron:

Are some of those fee components one time only fees?

I think all we have paid each year is the annual fee.  Sam takes care of all that so I'm not real sure.  Best to ask Escapees folks.

Hi Smokey

Not all US Post Offices have General Delivery Services. ?If you go to the Post Office they will have books that list all of the Post Offices in the US and which ones have General Delivery Services. ?You can ask the clerk how to tell which ones are General Delivery Offices.

>> What I would like is a mail service that will forward mail to me on request at an address I specify, but not just hand out my current location to anyone who asks for it.
====
This is a FWIW as you wouldn't want a mail box in addition to forwarding. Though a full timer, I hang out in Sacramento when not traveling -- and have had a PO Box there for a number of years. A friend and business associate has always picked up my mail, eked out the junk and either forwarded the rest to me, or placed it in a stack for me upon my return. However, I now park about 30 miles NE of Sacto which makes the trip to my PO Box a bit much.

Anyway, I checked out the new UPS Stores concept -- one of which is only a few miles from me. After chatting with them, decided to rent one of their mail boxes -- I think I pay around $90/year for the size box I decided upon. They ARE UPS so the forwarding is really nice. I can either call, email, or go to their webpage to order a forward -- or schedule a forward on a regular basis. The cost of the foward is whatever the postage is for the type I order each time. They will also eke out whatever I say and toss it.

So for anyone lurking that has need for a PMB near their home base, this might be an alternative. I can't really use SKP or FMCA because my health plan is Kaiser. If I have an address out of my home area for more than 4 to 6 months, they will drop me in a heartbeat. Kaiser is a great health plan and I would hate to lose it.

Boy -- has this thread drifted, or what. ???

Hey Ron:

Ron said:
I sure haven't got much faith in UPS.? Just recently it Took three shipments before they got one to MT without damaging it.
? ?

Hmmmmm. Who "do" you trust -- surely not the USPS. ;D

I have great luck with UPS -- always have. Sorry you had a bad experience. That has happened to me at least a half dozen times sending Priority Mail. One was a legal thing -- and very frustrating. We couldn't believe the condition of the package when it finally arrived in 3 weeks vs. 2 days. It had been torn open, resealed at least 3 times, the documents were muddy and torn, and the original envlope was in three pieces. And what USPS has done with my change of address, I won't bore you with. :mad:

But then there is Fedex -- and if you go with them, you run the risk of your package helping Tom Hanks survive for another 4 years on a desert island. ;D

>>So for anyone lurking that has need for a PMB near their home base, this might be an alternative. I can't really use SKP or FMCA because

Bob,

That's what we've done and it has worked well so far.  Unfortunatly Camille likes her USPS PO Box number so we have two boxes to visit when we're home.

Excellent suggestion, Karl.  I have done so.

USPS has a lot better track record with us than UPS that is for sure.  Before we left Yuma it only took UPS two shipments before they got a package to us.  I can say that since using a Mail forwarding service we have never had a package damaged or lost by the USPS.

Wherever possible we will select Fedex over UPS.  Haven't tried DHL yet but odds are they would be better too.

Bob

>>Anyway, I checked out the new UPS Stores concept <<

I have used them for 8 years & have great service...They only missed sending it out one time. It was Mail Box's Etc. before changing to the UPS store.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom