Exeter New Hampshire anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

Planning a trip to visit friends in Exeter, NH next month (September) and thought perhaps someone here might be familiar with that area and could recommend a campground that can accommodate our 34' Class A in that general vicinity?

My daughter and SIL lived in Exeter for a while and we visited every year. Did not find any campgrounds we were happy with. We ended up staying at Tuxbury Pond and only because it was better than the rest. Eventually we started staying at Salisbury Beach. If you don't mind the drive stay at Salisbury Beach in MA, or Hampton Beach in NH if you don't have a pet (no pets at Hampton Beach) both are better choices. Let us know if you find a good campground we still go up there.

Good luck!

X2, Hampton Beach is hard to get reservations but it is closer.  Salisbury is a nice campground with water and electric.

Dragginourbedaround said:
My daughter and SIL lived in Exeter for a while and we visited every year. Did not find any campgrounds we were happy with. We ended up staying at Tuxbury Pond and only because it was better than the rest. Eventually we started staying at Salisbury Beach. If you don't mind the drive stay at Salisbury Beach in MA, or Hampton Beach in NH if you don't have a pet (no pets at Hampton Beach) both are better choices. Let us know if you find a good campground we still go up there.

Good luck!

Appreciate the input. Always a challenge to separate the www hype from reality for sure. For that reason always good to get feedback from those that have been there. We're pretty flexible and will probably expand our search area for a campsite a bit farther out. We only expect to be there for a few days in any event.

Back around 1990, we stayed at http://www.exeterelms.com/. It wasn't the best and it wasn't the worst we've ever stayed in. It may have changed for the better or the worse. It's on Court Street. Maybe your friends can check it out. If it's only to sleep, it may work out pretty good for you.

markandkim said:
Salisbury Beach

Weekend after Labor Day has a seafood festival at Hampton Beach, only 5 minutes away.

Seafood you say?!? Rats, we won't be able to get there until later in the month. Do you think they might reschedule festival to accommodate us??  :D  ;D

Benwa Clan said:
How long is your stay? We live in Fremont, 1 town over from Exeter. I know there is a "Boondockers Welcome" 1 town over. https://www.boondockerswelcome.com/hosts/11536/
You can dry camp in the field at Hampton Beach, we go there alot.

David

Wow-- that sounds like a great option! We're still working to coordinate with a friend from that might be coming in from CA but most likely 3-5 days.

I'll definitely check out your suggestions. Thanks much!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom