Tiffin is now making class c's???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blw2

I was surprised yesterday when I crossed paths on the road with a Class B on a Mercedes chassis with the name "Tiffin" across the nose cone.  Turns out on their site they are calling it a class C.. (I thought it was one of those larger B types, like a c but without the full bunk overhead).

Anyway, no big deal, not a question really...I just wasn't aware. 
But now I'm curious how the build quality and the quality of layout and design compare to the other "mainstream" c makers.

They are called ?Wayfarers?, and yes, they are Tiffin. They look nice, but I didn?t do a detailed inspection. Supposedly one of Bob Tiffin?s son?s is the push behind it. It makes sense to expand their market.
https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/wayfarer

The Class C market is larger than the Class A market, plus some people simply want smaller or more fuel efficient rigs, so most of the RV makers want to have at least one entry.  It's actually their dealers that are driving the need, cause they can sell more of them and will start selling another brand if necessary to have them in stock. 

It is an interesting design.  Captain and co-Captain chairs that rotate similar to a Class A and no wet bath that you typically associate with a Class B.  Still would like to see them step up in to the larger Class C market.  Wayfarer is just a little small for my tastes but can see it appealing to others.  Tiffin name is a plus.

Interesting, I think I could live with the 24BW if it had a 60x80 queen bed instead of the 60x74 short queen, and if they were to replace the 24x32 shower with a 32x32 curved front shower, it looks like they could fit one by moving the shower aft to where the wardrobe is and that would also allow for the kitchen counter to be extended about a foot.  That and maybe offer a dual recliner option in place of the loveseat.

Yes, interesting... I thought they were A only.

Thinking more about it, when I first saw that one, it reminded me of looking for houses years ago when I was young and single.  Not that I could have afforded it really, but I wondered why I never really saw new construction, or even new-ish construction homes that were small but still higher end..or a bit upgraded.  There was of course the older homes, often called Bungalows, that sometimes were built with nice character, nice features.... but at that time anyway and where I was at least, the small houses were all very basic.... with low end cabinets, counters, fixtures...normal low and plain ceilings, etc...

It kinda seems that with the C's I'm aware of at least, most all are built as what I would call "entry level" grade.  It would be interesting to me if Tiffin was going for the small but more upscale features and finishes.

Looking only quickly, it seems that this isn't really the case.  Nice enough probably but nothing breaking into new territory really...

Brad I suspect it is a lot like why Monaco stopped making the Safari Treks just before the big economic collapse, no one would pay that much for that small of coach.  By the end in 08 they were getting up to close to $150,000 sticker price on a 28 ft class A coach.  (I have read that they built less than a dozen the last full year of production)  My well optioned 02 model had an original sticker price of almost $119,000, inflation adjusted that is almost $170,000 today.

I think this Tiffin Sprinter is built and priced to compete with other up market Sprinter based rigs such as the Leisure Way, Phoenix Cruiser, Pleasure Way and Winnebago View. This class of rig isn?t cheap.

Payloads on the Wayfarers I looked at were pretty low, some were under 800 pounds. It seems Tiffin?s use of sturdy all wood cabinetry and and such might be detrimental. Sprinters have somewhat low payloads at best but some of Tiffin?s competitors with sleeker interiors using lightweight but high quality ?Euro look? materials have higher payloads.

irishtom29 said:
I think this Tiffin Sprinter is built and priced to compete with other up market Sprinter based rigs such as the Leisure Way, Phoenix Cruiser, Pleasure Way and Winnebago View. This class of rig isn?t cheap.

Payloads on the Wayfarers I looked at were pretty low, some were under 800 pounds. It seems Tiffin?s use of sturdy all wood cabinetry and and such might be detrimental. Sprinters have somewhat low payloads at best but some of Tiffin?s competitors with sleeker interiors using lightweight but high quality ?Euro look? materials have higher payloads.
I think you are painting with a very broad brush. Those RVs are cheap compared to a class A.

SeilerBird said:
I think you are painting with a very broad brush. Those RVs are cheap compared to a class A.

It?s reasonable to assume the comparison is to other class Cs. And there are class As cheaper than the type of class C being discussed.

Back
Top Bottom