2004 Winnebago Brave Kitchen Water Leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wb6kwt

I've search the forum but guess no one else has had this issue. Discovered water under the unit and some water in front of the kitchen sink. I checked for leaks under the sink but it was dry. Looked under the slide out and could see water dripping from the floor area. Ran water in the shower and the bath room sink and determined they weren't the cause. Put some water in the kitchen sink pulled the plug and proved the water was coming from the kitchen sink drain. I have a PDF for the plumbing but can't tell where to start looking for the leak because it appears the plumbing is not accessible because it runs inside the floor. I doubt this is the case, hopefully, they planed for such an event. There is a "box" under sink and that may contain fittings. Since we just got home from our trip I haven't had time to explore that possibility. If you have knowledge of how to go about fixing this issue I would appreciate hearing from you.

Bob

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

Could be your anti-siphon valve, I think I had to replace mine a few years ago due to leaking. It looks like the "hat" thingy in this image https://www.loveyourrv.com/bad-smell-coming-rv-sink/.

Thanks John, that might be it but right now I'm trying to understand how to get to all the fittings. The drain pipe goes behind the draw enclosure and isn't visible to see what is back there. There are several fitting on the drawing I downloaded, including the anti-siphon valve. I'm just hoping the fittings aren't between the flooring and the medal underside of the slide.

You could buy one of those endoscopes (inspection scopes) and poke around. I would be very surprised (and disappointed with Winnebago) if you had fittings between the floor and bottom of the slide.

Hi John, I have one of those cameras but I found the time this morning to take a good look at the thing. I couldn't see anything under the sink, that I could get to so decided to take the drawers out. There it was staring me in the face, the flexible drain pipe had come loose from the sink drain pipe. Because the kitchen is in a slide out a flexible pipe had to be used. It appears the flex pipe is just a press fit into the system because I don't see any glue and the pipe it goes into is black PVC so no clamp can be used. I think I'll put some self sealing tape around the connection and that should hold it in place. In any case if it happens again I'll know how to fix it. I ran a sink full of water through it and had no leaks. These California roads are such a mess it's a wonder that nothing else has come undone.

Thanks for you help.

Bob 

Hi John, I have one of those cameras but I found the time this morning to take a good look at the thing. I couldn't see anything under the sink, that I could get to so decided to take the drawers out. There it was staring me in the face, the flexible drain pipe had come loose from the sink drain pipe. Because the kitchen is in a slide out a flexible pipe had to be used. It appears the flex pipe is just a press fit into the system because I don't see any glue and the pipe it goes into is black PVC so no clamp can be used. I think I'll put some self sealing tape around the connection and that should hold it in place. In any case if it happens again I'll know how to fix it. I ran a sink full of water through it and had no leaks. These California roads are such a mess it's a wonder that nothing else has come undone.

Thanks for you help.
check out this company Leak Detection Services Slough
Bob
Hi, Any recommendation to fix the leaking from under mount sink? My kitchen sink leaking from here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom