Yellowstone Bison Antagonizer Sentenced To 130 Days Of Jail, Banned From Parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He actually had multiple violations (Disorderly conduct) the judge however made the best comment I've heard to date... He's lucky the Bison did not put quits to it.

It looks like the best thing to help the offender are the alcohol ban, evaluation, and (probable) substance abuse treatment.i would think 5 years with no alcohol and no bars will be the biggest difficulty for him.

* 130 days of incarceration
* $70 in court fees and assessments, with no additional fines incurred
* 5 years of unsupervised probation, during which he cannot visit the three parks
* Alcohol and bar ban
* Substance abuse evaluation and successful treatment if required by the evaluation
* Alcohol testing upon reasonable suspicion
* Submit to searching for alcohol and/or controlled substances upon reasonable suspicion

Unfortunately you can't "cure" stupidity!  Hope he enjoys his life now that he's messed it up.

ArdraF

darsben said:
https://www.nationalparkstraveler.org/2018/08/yellowstone-bison-antagonizer-sentenced-130-days-jail-banned-parks

In a previous article:

In court, Reinke admitted to being an alcoholic and says that he was on a trip through various national parks as a ?last hurrah? before going to rehab ? yet again.

?I have completed three state and US government certified courses and then when this trip was over I was going to go in for another in-patient program. This was like my last hurrah.?

https://www.inquisitr.com/5022917/yellowstone-bison-not-guilty/

The idiot who owns Anderson Hitches, popular with fifth wheel and trailer folks, also plead guilty to vandalizing iconic Corona Arch north of Moab. National Park. While with his family he carved words into the gorgeous arch. Fine, restitution, and public humiliation (actually just a published statement) were all appropriate. Total unmitigated a who was not drunk and who absolutely knew as a competent outdoorsman that what he did was totally wrong. I will never buy any Anderson product because I don?t want to provide any support to this idiot, and I feel sorry for his employees. The company took a big hit when he was first charged.

John From Detroit said:
Oh but stupidity is cured all the time. Read all about it at www.darwinawards.com

While mildly amusing to see some idiots get their due, I think most of us know that this is just the smallest percentage of the population of dimwits out there.

As Einstein put it, "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I?m not sure about the former"...

UTTransplant said:
The idiot who owns Anderson Hitches, popular with fifth wheel and trailer folks, also plead guilty to vandalizing iconic Corona Arch north of Moab. National Park. While with his family he carved words into the gorgeous arch. Fine, restitution, and public humiliation (actually just a published statement) were all appropriate. Total unmitigated a who was not drunk and who absolutely knew as a competent outdoorsman that what he did was totally wrong. I will never buy any Anderson product because I don?t want to provide any support to this idiot, and I feel sorry for his employees. The company took a big hit when he was first charged.

Thank you for sharing this, i had no idea...

I guess the guy at Yellowstone had priors as well in other parks on his record so thats why they were so hard on him, im glad they were.

He is very lucky that the Bison was on asphault and could not get a good foothold.  If on dirt i think it would have ended much worse. 

durangod said:
Thank you for sharing this, i had no idea...

I guess the guy at Yellowstone had priors as well in other parks on his record so thats why they were so hard on him, im glad they were.

Not to mention that literally millions of people have seen this story and share the same negative feelings about his actions. I can just imagine him being introduced to someone at some point:

"No, name doesn't sound familiar?"
"Oh, YOU'RE the idiot in that Bison story!"

And he did not stop with the Bison but racked up 3 more charges before they slapped the bracelets on him.

I still say the Judge said it best... He was lucky The Bison did not deal with him..

Anyone thats ever been clocked on purpose or by accident by a horse knows if that Bison gave him a well deserved head-butt, he?d now either be at room temp or in a coma.  Boo-Hoo....

SCVJeff said:
Anyone thats ever been clocked on purpose or by accident by a horse knows if that Bison gave him a well deserved head-butt, he?d now either be at room temp or in a coma.  Boo-Hoo....
Speaking of a buffalo charging. I was charged by one in Hayden Valley and all I could do is run the video camera.

https://youtu.be/aqcYcz-fGuo

Back
Top Bottom