John McCain Passed Away Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May he rest in peace. I hope his family finds peace and the  heartache  diminishes quickly !   

Oldgator73 said:
Sen John McCain passed away this evening. He was 81. He was a war hero and seemed to be respected by his peers. He fought a hard battle.
:)) :)) :))
Just to be clear, this is not a political statement.  Just a gesture of respect for a man who suffered the consequences of being a prisoner of war and never lost his love of country.  RIP John McCain.

He made a statement he hoped to live long enough to see our government turn good again.

He was indeed a great man. He also had the guts to do the right thing. as opposed to toe the party line.

He will be missed.

Charlie 5320 said:
My late wife always told me if ya can't say something nice, keep your trap shut.

Have a good day.

There is good in almost everyone. I did not agree with a lot of his policies or politics but colleagues on both sides say he was a decent and fair man. It is said he had a temper and could cuss like a sailor (well, he was one). From everything I have read and heard if he was your friend McCain would defend you to the end. He was a POW, shot down over VN. His grandfather and father were Admirals and when his captors learned his father commanded the Pacfific fleet they offered to release him ahead of POW?s that were captured before him. John McCain declined that offer. So I guess if you can?t find anything good in a war heroes life then maybe you should take your late wife?s advice which you have every right to do.

Charlie 5320 said:
My late wife always told me if ya can't say something nice, keep your trap shut.

Have a good day.

My feelings as well.

I'm sorry for the loss for his family, friends and other loved on'es are feeling.......truly.

His political career is another matter.

He spent a good part of his life doing what he thought best for his country, politically. I don't have to agree with everything he said or did to say that such an attempt is worthy of some measure of respect.

I pray for his family for their loss, and for him, as he meets his Maker.

Heard on the news this morning that the flags at the Capital building are at 1/2 staff.  The flag at the White House is at full staff.
Seems kind of petty to me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom