Motorized Step issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bunch

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if the 2000 Itsca Sunrise SE motorized steps have a manual override to them?  I'm having constant issue with the steps and the "support team" is about to just cut them off if there is no override to manually tuck them up.  As it turns out this may be the only thing in the Motorhome that doesn't' have a manual.

Thanks!

I have had to replace the motor in my steps twice since I have gotten my coach new in 2015.  Both times the motor worked, but the steel shaft that drives the plastic gear, tore up the gear.  Steel shafts into a plastic gear is a bad idea.  Made by Lippert.  The second time it failed less than a year old, and Lippert had me go to a dealer, buy one, and send them the invoice, for which they sent me a check.  Very happy with Lippert, unhappy with the assembly.  "Made in China" - Need I say more?
Both times I was able to get under the coach and push the steps up and secure them with wire ties.  Was a pain to keep cutting wire ties to get in and out until the motor was replaced.  I have the last motor that failed (Lippert did not want back), and when I get a chance will find a source for the gear, or try to find someone who will cut me a metal gear.  If anyone has any suggestions, for this let me know.  Thanks!

Well my step is gone.  I missed a text letting me know they where starting to cut it off.  Guess I can drive it home now without worry of hanging it up on something and incurring damage to the MH or anyone else's car.  When the budget expands I can get what is left of the old one drilled off and figure out something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom