Gas BBQ and gas cylinder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spike1306

Hi

We will be touring again next year (may) so will be flying into Denver and picking up the RV, what we would like to know is if we went to walmart and bought a Gas BBQ can you buy the Gas cylinders there to run it, being a hire RV I will not be able to plumb it into the main gas on the RV.

Is it a case of renting the gas bottle then taking it back (thats what you sort of do over here in UK) or do you have to buy it then its yours?

Thanks

Thanks for that.

thats the trouble when renting we are limited to what we can bring with us so will need to buy when we get there

Seems a shame to just dump them at the end of the trip but I am sure we can find some one to give them too.

At your final campground before leaving, offer up items that you can't take back with you.

HappyWanderer said:
At your final campground before leaving, offer up items that you can't take back with you.

And just say, "best offer" and at least you'll get something back.

When I was younger and broker I used to shop at the thrift stores. Now that I am older and in better shape I always donate my unwanted stuff to a local thrift store.

Spike1306 said:
Done a little digging on the walmart website and came up with these would these be any good, it was the sort of thing we buy then dispose of at the end of the trip

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Char-Broil-Table-Top-Gas-Grill/16422835

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Char-Broil-Table-Top-Gas-Grill/16422835

Thanks

I have one of those and it has served me well for steaks, burgers, dogs -stuff that you really do not need to carefully control the heat to cook.  If you are somewhere it is very windy, just set a tote or something up as a wind block.

As for charcoal, not a bad idea, but a bit more messy and you have to keep buying charcoal.  But the worst thing about charcoal is if there is a burn ban (most places I go there are) they may or may not allow a charcoal fire.

The tabletop grill and 1 lb bottles is a GREAT suggestion.  Just buy one bottle. It may last a month or two  Many places sell them if you need a second one.

HappyWanderer said:

We did that the last time we rented, asked a few of the people around if they wanted things we had bought, it was not until we got back to the rental place they had a table that you could put stuff on for other renters to take.

spdracr39 said:
Use charcoal instead ? You would save a lot on the initial purchase.

I hate using charcoal to cook with, plus we are going to Yellowstone and other parks so no idea if they would let us burn.

grashley said:
The tabletop grill and 1 lb bottles is a GREAT suggestion.  Just buy one bottle. It may last a month or two  Many places sell them if you need a second one.

Thats good to know how long they will last and that I can buy them along the way if I run out. cheers

There are, depending on the grill 3 options

Grill designed to be used EXCLUSIVELY on the low pressure side of an RV (NO joy with this type in your case less it's specific to what you rent).

Grills designed to use the small "Throw away" bottles.  Great joy here
Grills designed to use refillable "Lugabble" tanks  Again great joy.

For the first (Portable) you need an adapter hose. Camping world sells 'em so do most Propane stores. Fireplace/grill Stores. Home Depot, Lowes, Wall*mart and othe RV stores.

For the second all you need is the luggable cylinder. And you can get them almost anywhere.

I WOULD SUGGEST a 5 Pounder. Sears uses to sell 5 Pounders. but if you can't get a 5, Get a 20

Let's take something very simple and complicate the heck out of it.

A small portable grill using disposable 1 pound cylinders is the ideal solution for a visitor from the UK in a rental unit. A "month or two" might be a bit optimistic for cylinder life, but they're inexpensive and readily available.

HappyWanderer said:
Let's take something very simple and complicate the heck out of it.

A small portable grill using disposable 1 pound cylinders is the ideal solution for a visitor from the UK in a rental unit. A "month or two" might be a bit optimistic for cylinder life, but they're inexpensive and readily available.

Yep!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom