Hellwigs Big Wig sway bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Broke Boater

Just finished with installing Hellwigs Big Wig sway bar. This bar is no joke, its a beast. Took a couple hours by myself, not a bad job at all. Everything I read on them has been extremely positive. I'll report back on it after we take a trip with the camper on,,,gregg

Attachments

• IMG_1159.JPG
    IMG_1159.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1160.JPG
    IMG_1160.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 45
Hope it works well for you. Thanks for sharing pictures, man! I've also been looking at it, yet still haven't decided to install one.

Nice upgrade.  I wanted to do the same but per Hellwig's vehicle compatibility, my OEM airbag system would interfere.

Haven't taken the T/C on a trip yet, but have loaded it up to get ready to leave. I can tell you this from running around town getting ready that the bar is working awesome. Drove around a couple roads today the haqve a 45mph limit and a sweeping curve with the road cantered to the outside of the curve. The truck did not sway as it would of normally on that road, you can feel the suspension stiffen thru the turn. 150% happy so far with the performance of the bar. Our Daughter is getting married this Saturday north of here in Redding and we are taking the camper, so a good test on the Hwy is coming. I'm a believer in the Hellwig Big Wig, huge difference,,,gregg

There is a post asking about a sway bar for a T/C, and I noticed that I never came back with a review of it. Now that we have taken several trips since the install, the difference is night and day. The Hellwig Big Wig Bar delivers everything they claim for sway on a truck. My son Has a 2002 Ram 2500 4x4 with a factory sway bar, it looks pretty pathetic next to the Hellwig. Traveling at hiway speeds in the Sierras and thru the mountain passes in Northern Ca. into southern Ore.  where the posted speed is 50mph on some of the turns, there is a nice feeling of control vs the feeling of leaning I felt before. No, its never going to be the same as a truck without the camper, but so much of a improvement that I highly recommend it to anyone that has sway in their truck. We haven't taken the 4 horse goose neck trailer since the install to give that a review, but sway really wasn't much of a issue there anyways,,,gregg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom