The end of an era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

Last Saturday night 'my band' played our very last gig.  We've been together for more years than I care to admit.  We had a good audience and a bunch of them rushed the stage to tell us how much they enjoyed and appreciated what we did.  These were young people just out of college!  It was a pleasant surprise and totally bittersweet, this being our last time and all.

The other two members are packing it in but I'm not ready to quit.  I've still got melodies in my head that nobody has heard yet.  I've looked at the musicians adds on Craigslist and found one guy that seemed to be a good match, until I listened to his demos.  I hooked up with a violinist for a few weeks but she decided that she wants to be at the back of the stage.  (Shy?) What a pity, she has a wonderful voice (like a Disney princess!) and years of classical training and in fact was conducted but the same person that conducted my grandsons philharmonic orchestra.  No small potatoes-they've toured Europe, Eastern Europe, and Asia while the kid was principle French horn.

I gigged with a guy my brother-in-law knew for a while and got a female vocalist to join with us be one night he pissed her off so much she said she'd never sing with him again.  I wont either.  He had really bad mood swings and a humonguous ego.

I'm not fond of open mikes but I'm thinking that might be the best way to meet someone to play with.

Or maybe not!  If there's any musicians out there who live near Silicon Valley, like to play a wide range of material, have your own mics, di, effects etc.  Or even it it just sounds like fun send me a PM and I'll send you a link to my Soundcloud.

Sad that it's the end of an era. Hope you can hook up with someone soon Russ. There must be lots of musician in the Bay area who would like to team up.

Dang Mud, twenty years too late for me. I used to live up in the bay area and I would have loved to hook up. Have you tried Meetup.com? A great way to find other musicians.

Funny, I get things from meetup.com but never actually use it.  Stuff about dog walking/hiking. 

OMG!  I though I found a group about 40s swing music.  WRONG!

Hard to define.  Blues, rock, light jazz, fingerstyle, country, folk, Newgrass, semi-classical and anything else that strikes my fancy.  A record company exec told me to pick a style and stick to it, I laughed and said that sounds boring.

I lean towards singer songwriters and have gotten to know some of the best in the business.

I have heard you play. You do good as a single.  Maybe your 8 muddy paws could  back u up with a wolf howl. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom