Places to park camper while doing a hike into tent only spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mtbikelover

Hi there. I am new to the forums. DH and I will be retiring in a few years and want to spend 2 years camping around the US. I?m just starting to put lists together of where we want to go and there are some beautiful campsites we will want to go to but they are only for tent camping. We are planning to get a couples camper so we will be towing it with a car.

Are there places to park the camper while we do a 2-3 day hike into a remote location?  Would we be able to rent a spot at a public campground and leave it there unoccupied for 2-3 days?

Thanks!

I agree that calling the national park or forest service or whoever owns the trail you are hiking on.  You cannot be the first people to have this situation.  Also, unless it is 90 degrees plus, your refrigerator should keep food cold while you are gone fine as long as you can run it on propane.  I have left my motorhome in an airport parking lot for as long as y days and still came home to food still frozen and batteries not dead. 

My wife and I do that and have done it all over the US and Alaska.
just make sure that you are back to your home base prior to the check out time.

jack L

As noted the park may have a "Parking lot" you can park in.  Also there are often private campgrounds nearby and many of them have "Storage" lots you can park in.

OR in some cases rent a low end site and keep power to the battery and fridge (only).

Just check with a campground. Lots of them require you to not leave the rv sitting with no tow vehicle for any long length of time.

Back
Top Bottom