How to remove fresh water tank from 2006 Adventurer 38T

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwclarke57

Does anyone know where I can get instructions as to how to remove the fresh water tank on a 2006 Winnebago Adventurer 38T? 

The metal compartment that it is in has rusted out (grrrrr?) and I need to get the tank out so that we can fabricate and weld a replacement compartment into place.  The problem is that that tank is bigger than the access door ! Any advice (serious please) would be very much appreciated...

Welcome.  That is one serious project and in the years I've been hanging around the Winnebago board I've never heard of one attempt at removing the tank. Call Winnebago Owner Relations tomorrow and ask them,

Winnebago replaced our black tank under warranty 2 years ago and it was not an easy job.  It took them 2 days and a lot of serious thrashing.  I know they had to cut a hole in the inner steel structure on the right side of the coach to do the job.  Can't imagine the fresh water tank would be any easier.

unfortunately, the warranty on mine expired some years ago.  I talked to Winnebago, and they really couldn't offer any advice either.  I think I will just have to leave tank in there and get a metal fabricator to weld a new compartment in around it... 

Back
Top Bottom