Folding trailer with toilet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank B

Is there any folding trailer on the market that could be towed by an SUV that has the typical stove, furnace, sink, small fridge, but also includes a toilet? No shower required.

The short answer is yes, depending on how you define a toilet, most will have a cartridge toilet of some type, though this again depends on towing capacity of the specific SUV.  Take for example the Rockwood A214HW with a UVW of about 2700 pound and a CCC of about 650 pounds it should be within the towing capacity of many SUV's depending on how loaded and if the SUV has an optional factory towing package. 

Thanks.  I guess I missed the toilet when looking at the floorplan on that unit.  It was labeled cartridge something-or-other, and I didn't grasp that.

In fact, I think I still don't  understand the 'cartridge' idea.  What is that, exactly?  Is it cartridge like a porta-potty where a black tank separates and is taken bodily to dump, or is the whole bathroom complete with a black tank, sewer drain, and so on  a drop-in one-piece 'cartridge' that Rockwood builds into the unit?
Gotta go see one of these units in the flesh, I guess.  Must be built like one of those kids 'transformers' where a car folds out into a robot. :)  I can't visualize how they fold a full height bathroom down into a half height trailer.

We had a ?cassette? toilet on a couple of pop ups. They have a removable waste tank that easily comes out of the side of the unit. You then dump the cassette and put it back into the unit. It was very easy to dump. We generally used the regular dump station. They have a lot spigot, and you just put the spigot into the dump station waste hole.

We also had a pop up with a complete wet bath shower/toilet ?room?. The folding walls were a real pain to put up and take down. Note that pop up was really heavy. We used an old Ford Expedition to tow it and carry four kids plus the dog. It wouldn?t be suitable behind most newer SUVs or even the newer Expeditions.

I've seen some.  Some did not have any privacy that I could see.  To me,they would be ok for middle of the night needs and little kids. 

We enjoy our Trailmanor 2720SL that has a hard-wall bathroom.  Folded, it's just 5 ft. tall and 20 ft. long and it tows nicely with my Chevy Traverse.  Expanded, it's about 8' tall and 27 ft. long.  The standard toilet is recirculating and dumps via an outside dump valve like a typical RV.

Isaac-1 said:
The short answer is yes, depending on how you define a toilet, most will have a cartridge toilet of some type,

https://www.campingworld.com/maintain-your-rv/sewer/toilets/portable-toilets

How I did it in my PUP days and in m 13' Scamp days.. When I towed the Scamp to the dealer and drive home in a Class A that..set up.. is 13 feet WIDE (by 38' long) THe porta-potty remained in the Scamp for the dealer employee who wound up with it. (Being kicked out of the house by his wife he had what was actually a rather nice "Dog House" to live in. That scamp was a good size for one person not moving).

This youtube video shows the above mentioned model and shows removal of the toilet cartridge though does not show dumping it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDeOJlRLQQ

also see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZDeOJlRLQQ

Back
Top Bottom