22.5 wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mnppartain

I am in need of a 22.5 x 6.75 wheel for my workhorse chassis. Anyone have one by chance? The closer to Alabama the better. I just found out this evening that mine cannot be fixed, it's too late to call the various salvage places around, so I thought I'd just see if anyone here has one.

****** UPDATE++++

Apparently no one has these things. Colaw doesn't have any 8 lug wheels, and neither does any other salvage yard I have tried. Ebay is no help either. Does anyone know where one of these hen's teeth is?
Thanks,
Matt

I would try Visone RV in KY.

Now you say "It can't be fixed" but who told you that?  A dealer. A tire guy Marty's Welding on Telegraph Road in Detroit? (Ok I'm sure you did not go to Marty's welding)  I have taken several rims to them.. from assorted cars that had been damaged "Beyond repair" per assorted folks. and when I went back a day or two later the reim was as good as new. IN one case (A "Mag-alum" alloy rim on my daughers Grand-am) they were not able to retain the finish, but teh functionality as "Good as new" just the rim was now a 'blem" finish whise (Good 2nd spare I can tell you).

That car ate rims and tires on Michigan pot holes.

I mention Marty's only because most major cities will have a shop like that. You might search on "Rim Repair" and your zip code. Ie Rim Repair 12345  I just do not know the company.  Except for the one I used.

As far as being fixed, I was told by the same company that fixes all of the wheels for the power company that it can't be fixed. The wheel actually cracked open on the inside of the wheel just behind the valve stem. I'm sure it could be welded up by someone locally or myself, but when a reputable company that fixes thousands of them says no, that's enough for me. My family rides in this thing, so I'd rather be safe than stuck on the side of the road....or worse.

Those two links are good, but the rvproducts one says the wheel is discontinued. I tried them this morning, and they don't have it. I did, however, contact Workhorse, and they said that a 22.5 x 7.5 (part#w0090614e) replaced that wheel that I currently have. I have one of those ordered, and it will be in next week. The local company I ordered it from says that if it doesn't work, they'll send it back. I can't get much better than that, and the $325 out the door price is not too bad considering the options I have. I'll update when I get it for future reference of those folks like myself.

I appreciate the replies, and the help. I am continually amazed at the resources available on this site.

I finally got the 90614e wheel on today, and the only difference is the way the wheel simulator fits. I half expected it to have a gap with the addition of 3/4 of an inch to the rim, and it does. I'll have to buy new wheel simulators, but that's not going to hurt my feelings because the wheel, mounted and balanced, was only $236 out the door.

I needed another wheel for our Outlaw Toyhauler for a spare.  I went to our local Firestone dealer who handles big trucks.. They had a couple dozen 22.5 steel wheels and some aluminum 22.5 wheels.. I picked up a like new rim for $75 bucks (steel rim)...  They also had lots of used 22.5 tires as well. Some only 2-3 years old..
So it pays to check some of the truck/tire dealers around you before going to RV places... We all know they higher priced...

Bob

If your budget allows it you should buy another rim the same size. Then the steering tires would be the same. Having one odd size wheel could end up being troublesome. Just my 2 cents...

I thought that there may be a few issues with this being a front tire, and I, nor John Owens on the last post, was wrong. We brought ol girl up to a campground about about 25 miles away, and I could tell first that my steering wheel was not straight. The second thing I noticed was a difference in right and left turns at speed. Long story short, I will be buying another 7.5 inch wheel to replace the left front. I would imagine that stretching the tire out to fit the wider rim has changed the dynamics of the tire. Again, just posting this for future reference of those who encounter the same problem. It's nothing someone can't live with, but I am somewhat particular when it comes to these things.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom