Opinions on Coachman RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IkeBen

We are looking at a couple of Coachman Cross Country and wondering what opinions are about the brand.
Yeah, I know what they say about opinions, but I'll listen to all.
The rigs are an 06 and an 07, about the same mileage and within $1k of each other.
Thanks in advance

What anyone thinks about an old RV is basically worthless. You will find people online who love or hate just about anything. What does matter is the condition of the RVs you are looking at. Pay an inspector to inspect both and pick the best one.

We plan on having it inspected, but, since we are new, we are not familiar with the "better" brands that were on the market in 05, 06, & 07.

The better brands will generally be more expensive.  At ten years old,you want to pay attention to condition.  Was it cared for?  Cabinets and upholstery in good shape?

We have an '07/'08 Coachman and love it.  The layout works for us.  My only caution is that Coachman was bought out and no longer supports anything in anyway from old Coachman.  This is a minor issue, as the chassis is not built by them so parts are easy to find for it.  Most of the major appliances  are from very established companies, and you are able to get parts and info on.  It is only an issue when it comes to something Coachman specific information like a wiring diagram for 120v, or 12v , or cable, etc.  You either have to bring it to someone, or get in there yourself and figure it out.

As a brand, Coachmen was not consider a top quality model. They are designed for a low-to-moderate price point and thus skimp here and there to keep the price down (as compared to a similar model from Winnebago, Fleetwood, Newmar, etc).  That doesn't mean the Cross Country is bad or that it doesn't meet many people's needs, but there are reasons why it is considered a slightly less capable coach than several other brands.

As others have stated, when looking at a 10 year old coach, condition and  state of maintenance are much fore important than other factors.

Back
Top Bottom