AT&T does it again ... Airstream Connect Unlimited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou Schneider

Site Team
After AT&T discontinued the $20 a month unlimited plan for the Mobley, you could still get it by purchasing a new car with a built-in hotspot.

I just looked at the AT&T Connected Car homepage and one of the "car" brands listed is ... Airstream!

Yes, buy a qualifying "2019 model year or newer" Airstream travel trailer and you're eligible for AT&T's new Airstream Connect data plan.  $360 up front, non-refundable, for 1 year (365 days) of unlimited AT&T data in the US, and roaming in Canada.  No stated data limit, no network management (throttling) unless you roam off of AT&T's network.  Or you can buy 5 GB at a time, good for up to 30 days, for $25 a chunk.

It's good to see AT&T is formally dipping it's toe into the RV market.  Perhaps we'll see similar offers from other RV manufacturers or maybe even from one or more of the RV clubs (Good Sam?  FMCA?  Escapees?)

https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car/airstream.html

Alas I was unable to get to the actual plan since I"m not an AT&T customer.

But I would love to see the "Fine print"  The plan I have now for my cell phone is unlimted everything.. Except it is not (it is also not AT&T)  I get  5 Gig of "Hot spot" high speed then they throttle. Less I"m downloading video (Which I do once a week usually NOT using the hot spot) (Today in fact thanks for the reminder) I likely won't notice the throtteling but its there.

Likewise I only get so much High speed to the phone then they lower my priority vector. This means so long as nobody else is on the tower I'm using.. I won't notice but if there are enough users. I slow down FIRST

am guessing the AT*T plan is like that with different limits.

The AT&T $20 unlimited data "Connected Car Plan", including the slightly higher priced Airstream plan, are all subject to congested tower priority management once a 22GB usage trigger point is reached. The priority management only lasts until the congestion eases, and the reduced speeds are typically well above 3G speeds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom