Outdoor kitchen on travel trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carin

I purchased a new 2018 Sunset Trail travel trailer. It came with an outdoor kitchen (if that's what you call it).  Is there any way to remove the stove, "sink" and refer and convert it to storage space?  I know I will never use it. Thanks!

Agree - it should be relatively easy. There are most likely shut-offs or other connections for the water and propane lines right there. I would suggest keeping the appliances/fixtures if you have the space to store them. Who knows what the future might bring and most buyers would see the kitchen as a bonus.

I did just that - not quite as easy as it sounds though. There were no convenient shutoffs for the plumbing so I had to buy some fittings and do some rerouting of lines. The space gained makes it all worth while  :)

Just in case you ever decide to put the kitchen back in, whether to use or resale, set up your phone so you can video taking it apart.  Might help if you have to put it back together.

Thank you all for the advice!  I figured I had to cap off lines somewhere.

I wish they would let you build your own trailer. Pick and choose what you really want and what you don't want.

But that would be too easy, right?? ??

Yeah, but unfortunately they build them with features that they think make good selling points, many of which no one ever uses.

Don't rip it out yet. DW and I didn't think an outdoor kitchen was worth the space it took up either.... until we got one. She loves it, and both of us found it to be very handy

I also have a Sunset Trail with an outdoor kitchen and use it exclusively as I don't like to odor up the inside of the TT. Bacon smells great but the smell for days is not something I enjoy plus the steam for boiling water and grease from cooking over time can make a mess . The outdoor sink is great when eating outside, which is why we go camping, and washing hands and utensils. The small refrigerator keeps less traffic running in and out of the TT for beverages, and condiments is also a plus. Plus there is plenty of storage, at least in my version, with the pass through compartment and pantry inside.
To each his/her own but DW and I love our outdoor kitchen.
Joe

Make sure the electricity/gas etc is all off before you remove things, just in case...

Safety first!

Spdracr39 - thanks for the idea - I never thought of that. Lol ?

Back
Top Bottom