canvas zipper pull broke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomchew

My 2003 bonair canvas zipper pull decided to break one day out camping, we tired various other pulls from a fabric shop and none of them worked, anyone got any suggestions as bonair is out of business and i cant seem to find one on  the interweb?

Attachments

• IMG_20180826_130926.jpg
    IMG_20180826_130926.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 34
Did you get upholstery size?  As I understand it,the pull has come apart from the zipper teeth?  If the local fabric store doesn't have it,perhaps an upholstery shop.  Wish I could be of more help.

The problem is, it looks like the zipper pull also acts as the gizmo that catches a piece inside the zipper to keep it from unzipping,  Kind of like a blue jean pants zipper, or a Carhart jacket.  You might ask a local seamstress or canvas shop.

The pull in that picture is in perfect condition. The SLIDE however.. now that's another story.

You could sew in a new zipper.. Been known to do that myself.

Look around for someone who repairs outdoor gear. If you have a local REI or outdoor shop, ask them who does repairs in the area. A commercial sewing machine shop might also know who does that kind of work. And yes, your zipper pull looks fine, but the zipper has pulled out. Might need a new zipper, might just need pushing the zipper back on. Not an uncommon issue on backpacks or tents, for example.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom