1988 Ford Escaper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margaret Clinch

I could use some help locating diagrams for wiring ect.. to the coach of this model.  Just purchased this old guy in fantastic condition but I have no information on the wiring, plumbing ect of the living quarters itself.  If anyone knows where, or someone has one and can share diagrams ill be indebted.  Tried the company that manufactured it.  They no longer have those records.  They only have ones dating to 98.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Almost zero chance of finding anything like that, so Good Luck!  Most of it probably never  existed in the first place, except maybe at the factory.

There will be two 12v systems, one for the chassis and one for the coach body, plus a single 120v system (shore & genset power).  Most of it is pretty straight-forward stuff if you have any electrical experience (both vehicle 12v and residential).

Mostly we were looking for diagrams so if needed we wouldn't have to hand trace wiring if things needed replacing.  My dad has been a mechanic for 50 years and is familiar with wiring of all types.  (even my house  ;D)  Just thought in the end they would be a time saver if need be.

The Escaper was built by the Damon RV company, now part of Thor Motorcoach.  You could contact them, but reports from others say they generally disclaim having any documents or even knowledge about even 10 year old models.  Schematics and plumbing layouts were rarely provided back then (or even now!) and service manuals do not exist except for the Ford van chassis.

You can Google for schematic images for the coach and may stumble onto something useful, even if for another year. Try this search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=1988+escaper+schematic&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved

Back
Top Bottom