Bridges and apps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvwanderer1

Im looking for an app that will give me bridge heights so I can plan routes.  I used the search function here, Ive looked for youtube videos ,Ive looked online,
On line they gave me a few but I dont see them in my play store .  Anyone know of a good app?

I use a trucker's gps that avoids low bridges. But there are a couple apps too. RV Parky is one. It will show you on a map where there is a low clearance and when you click on the icon it'll give you the clearance height. The app does a ton of other stuff too, but you specifically asked for that feature. Hope that helps!

Allstays camp and rv app has a filter you can use that will identify low clearance of different heights. You can enter your no-go height and it will show you any with that clearance or below along a prospective route.

Patnsuzanne said:
Allstays camp and rv app has a filter you can use that will identify low clearance of different heights. You can enter your no-go height and it will show you any with that clearance or below along a prospective route.

Not true. Allstays only shows the  bridges that are the height you select. It does not show lower bridges. If  you want to see everything lower, you have to check them all. This is one thing I don't like about the allstays app. It would be better if it showed everything below your selected height,  but it doesn't.

Trucker Path app in the Play Store is the one l downloaded. For Android, not sure if there is an iPhone version

Thanks everyone that wrote. what I have found is RVparky it has a section that shows low bridges and gives you the height. You can than plan your route around said bridge. What it doesnt do is warn you as you approach it.  but it will show you.  So Far its my favorite  app.

hello Google Maps search engine robot, are you listening??
need height, need weight, need width

rvwanderer1 said:
Thanks everyone that wrote. what I have found is RVparky it has a section that shows low bridges and gives you the height. You can than plan your route around said bridge. What it doesnt do is warn you as you approach it.  but it will show you.  So Far its my favorite  app.

I just updated RVParky last night and noticed the clearance warnings, that is the good news.  The bad news is that the app worked for just a couple of searches and now won't do a thing.  I liked the old version, and the new one should have been better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom