London is the capital of which country?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kdbgoat said:
As everyone knows, every nationality has has different factions of that nationality. Here's the issue:

Is the peanut butter side of the family smooth or crunchy and is the tp side of the family folded or wadded?

Boy, people that haven't been here long enough are probably wondering " what are these idiots talking about" Haha

Definitely crunchy. Nothing smooth about my DNA. And wadded for sure. Folded is way to regimented. My DNA is about as wadded as wadded TP can get.

not sure if I did this right. but it shows;

72% Great Britain
13% Europe south
6% Scotland/ Wales/Ireland

The whole genealogy experience has been great and finding all the interesting people and stories in my ancestry is quite an interesting hobby. I read where the percentage of British DNA is now higher in America than it is in Britain. Can't find the source anymore but that was interesting and attributed to immigration into Britain.

Attachments

• dna.png
    dna.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 14
  • DOUGLAS TARTAN.jpg
    DOUGLAS TARTAN.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 8
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting tomatoes in a fruit salad.

SeilerBird said:
It doesn't matter to me. The spelling is not as important as the environment of the remark.

Spelling, punctuation and word choice will always be important: the disintegration of writing skills in this country is alarming. Yes, our ?smart? devices often change things that we don?t notice ? we?ve all been victims.

The tripe I?ve seen in professional communications is most troubling. I once received a letter from an attorney with nine usage errors. I circled them in red and returned the letter for correction.

/rant

HappyWanderer said:
Spelling, punctuation and word choice will always be important: the disintegration of writing skills in this country is alarming.
Yes they are to me too. But they aren't always important to the people writing what I read so I have to figure out what they mean.

HappyWanderer said:
Yes, our ?smart? devices often change things that we don?t notice ? we?ve all been victims.
LOL - I was texting a friend one time to tell her I was enjoying some Saranac (an upstate NY line of beers) and it corrected to Satanic. Didn't notice...had some explaining to do.  :eek:

I once sent a text to my (female) boss telling her I had figured at that "thing" were talking about. Auto-correct changed it to "thong".

kdbgoat said:
As everyone knows, every nationality has has different factions of that nationality. Here's the issue:

Is the peanut butter side of the family smooth or crunchy and is the tp side of the family folded or wadded?

Boy, people that haven't been here long enough are probably wondering " what are these idiots talking about" Haha
Lol and yip....

Oldgator73 said:
Definitely crunchy. Nothing smooth about my DNA. And wadded for sure. Folded is way to regimented. My DNA is about as wadded as wadded TP can get.
I didn't want to give away all of your personal secrets....

The Scot/Irish in me is ready to launch into a long-winded confab (over a pint or three) on either peanut butter consistency or TP handling (or both), but the German in me is not happy with the serious thread drift here..... ;)

Here is my ancestry composition and according to my sister is is very accurate since she knows more about our ancestors than I do. I also got a health report and just about everything they listed was right on. I got the two reports because I was curious to know if I had a health risk for cancer, Alzheimer's or Parkinson's. I got a negative on all three. I have been tested by doctors for many cancers and always came up negative so I believe my risk is low for all three, a great relief. This certainly does not mean I will never get them, but it is nice to know at this point they are not an issue. The two tests cost me $139 and I consider it a bargain for the piece of mind. I will see my doctor on Friday and I will discuss the results with him.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-09-04 at 2.31.14 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-09-04 at 2.31.14 PM.png
    199.4 KB · Views: 13
I'll admit I find the various DNA/Ancestry tests to be interesting but based solely on my 4 grandparents, none of which were born in the USA, I'm half Italian (Alatri x2), one-quarter Irish (Belfast), and one-quarter mutt (Regina, Saskatchewan with roots back to the 1700's). That's close enough for me. I don't think a test would reveal any TV commercial-worthy ancestry behind me.  :D

Husband and I have both had DNA test for ancestry. Both of us come from families that came to the US as early as the late 1600s (me) and early 1700s (Kevin). I had no Native American ancestry detectable - there went all the family legends - and I was almost exclusively Great Britain with a dash of French. Kevin has some German, but is also mostly Great Britain. We were both quite surprised. With our families being around so long we both expected more variety. It was really quite boring.

Oh, and I do know London is the capitOl of England.

Joezeppy said:
I'll admit I find the various DNA/Ancestry tests to be interesting but based solely on my 4 grandparents, none of which were born in the USA, I'm half Italian (Alatri x2), one-quarter Irish (Belfast), and one-quarter mutt (Regina, Saskatchewan with roots back to the 1700's). That's close enough for me. I don't think a test would reveal any TV commercial-worthy ancestry behind me.  :D
The family tree is a great way to find out who your ancestors were. However you have to assume none of them ever cheated on their spouse. :eek:

This new DNA technology blows my mind. I find it fascinating, way beyond my realm of understanding of how they figure it all out, but I would be interested to have it done. I'm half Colombian and half German.

Joezeppy said:
LOL - I was texting a friend one time to tell her I was enjoying some Saranac (an upstate NY line of beers) and it corrected to Satanic. Didn't notice...had some explaining to do.  :eek:
This reminds me of the dry erase board in my kitchen. One time it had in my youngest's writing, "I love Satan" but before I could even gasp, I saw it was next to a picture she drew of Santa. Knowing she is dyslexic made the I love Satan announcement more acceptable lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom