Water on floor between vanity sink and toilet.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garyb1st

This has happened twice.  The water does not come from either the toilet or the bathroom sink.  However, a small section of carpet, maybe 10" x 2"  where the carpet meets the linoleum was wet. 

The last time this happened I was rinsing the black tank.  I don't recall if I was rinsing the black tank the first time it happened.  However, I have rinsed the black tank at least a half dozen times since we've been at this park. 

The manual says to leave the valve gate open when rinsing.  Thinking it would improve the cleaning process, I close the gate for maybe 30 to 45 seconds to let the water build up.  Then I open the gate, let the water out and repeat until the water comes out clear.  I don't use a regulator on the hose that I use to rinse the tank.  So maybe too much pressure.  Again, nothing is wet near the toilet of under the bathroom vanity. 

Any suggestions. 

Gary wrote: "The manual says to leave the valve gate open when rinsing.  Thinking it would improve the cleaning process, I close the gate for maybe 30 to 45 seconds to let the water build up.  Then I open the gate, let the water out and repeat until the water comes out clear."

I have a Class C, Gary ............. with a 35 Gal black tank which I rinse just as you do with your Class A.  I believe a garden hose with about 35 psi head pressure will flow "approx" 10 gpm.  I usually let the rinser go about 2 min (I'm thinkin' the fresh water inflow should be about 15 gal or so what with the rinser head back pressure restricting flow) with the gate valve closed and then open it, just like you do.  I do this several times and have never had a problem. SOooo ...... I don't believe your procedure is the problem.  Just my $.02.

I read a neat tip on this forum some time in the past which might be applicable to your troubleshooting; and it was to lay dry/flattened paper towels in the area to see the "track" of the liquid.  Might work for you?

Wish i could be more help.  Hopefully someone will have the answer. 

Safe travels..........................................

Offering a thought: There is a vacuum breaker under the sink in our bathroom. I have had that "spit" some water out on the floor a couple of times.

There is also a vacuum breaker and anti-siphon valve in the flush line to prevent sewage from back-flowing into the hose.  It's usually in the sidewall above the tank, in a loop in the water line between the flush inlet and the spray head in the tank.  These can fail and leak, and are also vulnerable to pressure extreme build-up.  If, for example, the water level in the tank rises above the spray head and the hose pressure is high, the anti-siphon valve can spew water.  Park water pressures of 50-60 psi are common and 90 psi or more is quite possible.

This anti-siphon valve is often the source of the mysterious water you are seeing. The fact that it coincide with flushing the tank makes it almost a sure thing...

Thanks for the responses.  The vacuum breaker is a possibility.  I've pulled the bottom drawer out of the vanity and there is a 2-2.5" black plastic pipe inside.  It appears to have been worked on at one time since there is a significant amount of putty around the connections.  Still, when I found water on the floor, the area beneath the pipe and the floor inside the drawer was dry. 

Normally we don't let the black tank fill much.  Maybe drain every 3 or 4 days when at a park.  It's a 38 gallon tank and so I doubt there's more than 15 gallons of waste when we dump. 

Now the part the concerns me.  Do I need to open up the area, check the pipe and repair or replace? 

garyb1st said:
Thanks for the responses.  The vacuum breaker is a possibility.  I've pulled the bottom drawer out of the vanity and there is a 2-2.5" black plastic pipe inside.  It appears to have been worked on at one time since there is a significant amount of putty around the connections.  Still, when I found water on the floor, the area beneath the pipe and the floor inside the drawer was dry. 

Normally we don't let the black tank fill much.  Maybe drain every 3 or 4 days when at a park.  It's a 38 gallon tank and so I doubt there's more than 15 gallons of waste when we dump. 

Now the part the concerns me.  Do I need to open up the area, check the pipe and repair or replace?

If you find that it is the anti siphon valve for the flushing line and if it's made by JR Products, call them and tell them what's happening. They will replace it free of charge. I've had a couple leak over the years and both times they replaced it. No questions asked.  Call 1.800.269.7622

This is the one:

https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-571-Vac-Chk-Flusher-Breaker/dp/B0095TD5S6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1535989510&sr=8-2&keywords=rv+anti+siphon+valve&dpID=41oR47gdwFL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Think I've found the location of the anti siphon valve .  Now all I need to do is make sure it's the source of the leak.  The opening is pretty small but probably large enough for a repair. 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom