KSL vs Directv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arcticfox2005

Does anyone know the status of discussions between DirecTv and KSL (NBC out of Salt Lake City)? The channel has not been available for a couple of weeks and the web page suggested (DirecTvPromise) is worthless - no info at all. If I remember correctly, this also happened back in 2015 and it seems like these two companies take forever to sign a new contract.

Happens on a regular basis all over the country. My local station is in a pissing contest with DirectTV right now too.  The best source for updated news on the situation would be the KSL website. But you could just start watching KTVX, channel 4, which has a broader view of news anyway (said as a former SLC area resident).

IF you are an RVer. DirecTV is discontinuing SD broadcasts or so we are told.  DirecHDTV works only with DISH type Big Dish) antennas like you have at a house. Automatic "Dome" or "Cube" type antennas no joy.

DISH. it's all good with a dome or dish. provided you are watching and/or recording ONE satellite at a time  they both use 3 sats. if you want to be able to watch 2 or 3 sats at one time you need 2 or 3 domes. (one per receiver) for still more add digital switches. but Domes even the Playmaker Dual. are one bird at a time.. PERIOD.

The contests are almost always between NBC and DirecTV. Indianapolis went thru this last year. You must remember that NBC is owned by Comcast. Comcast as very little reason to negotiate with DirecTV. You either pay Comcast's prices or you don't get NBC on DirecTV. They always wait till football season to mortgage NFL angst against that dastardly DirecTV, how dare they ask for a lower rate, when all I want to do is watch Sunday Night Football.

sadixon49 said:
The contests are almost always between NBC and DirecTV. Indianapolis went thru this last year. You must remember that NBC is owned by Comcast. Comcast as very little reason to negotiate with DirecTV. You either pay Comcast's prices or you don't get NBC on DirecTV. They always wait till football season to mortgage NFL angst against that dastardly DirecTV, how dare they ask for a lower rate, when all I want to do is watch Sunday Night Football.

NBC is owned by Comcast, but KSL-TV in SLC is owned by Bonneville International, the for-profit broadcasting arm of the LDS Church.

Back
Top Bottom