Water question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NFranzen

I have a spot on my camper where I can fill my water tank and my pump sink works.  I also have a spot where I can screw my hose directly onto the camper.  What does that do?  I tried to pump the sink with the hose hooked up to that and water turned on and nothing happened.

Attachments

• 20180903_184356.jpg
    20180903_184356.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 14
Your RV can use water from its storage tank or it can use water directly from a hose.  Using the tank requires a water pump and it sounds as if that's working for you.  If you connect a hose to the fixture you've posted a picture of it ought to supply water directly to the sink faucet without any trouble.  Since you say you're not getting any water then I suspect there's a valve somewhere that switches the system from tank to direct hose connection.  Try to trace the line from the inlet port and see if you can a valve.

Pull out that screen and washer (all one piece) and there should be a spring loaded ball in that fitting. Press the ball in a few times with a piece of wooden dowel, pencil or something that won't damage the ball. That's a check valve, and the ball is probably stuck. Throw that old nasty screen away and pick up a few new ones at the hardware store. There should be a screen like that in your tank fill connection too. When those screens are dirty, they need to be cleaned or replaced.

Unless you have my old camper (Doubtful since it went to a scrap yard and was tore apart by me) I'd have to see the water hookup

IF YOU HAVE A PUMP type sink . does it have a 2nd faucet that is not pump? IF so that's it.
IF not it likely is an alternate way to fill the fresh tank or

Even more likely black tank flush

Well we were out last weekend camping and I messed with this again.  Come to find out when you hook the hose directly to the camper, you can push the lever down on the pump sink instead of pumping it and water flows out steady just like a normal faucet.  So pump when you only have the reserve tank filled, and press down when you have it directly hooked up.  I learn something new each time we go out lol

Back
Top Bottom