Generator not powering coach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cindyluu

2018 Jayco Alente. Generator has been a problem since day 1. Would not stay running while driving. At home would run then left on 4 week trip..Would not turn back on.  Just brought back from Cummins, now generator runs but will not run anything in the coach.. HELP! We are new to RVing...my husband is going to KILL me..this was all my idea!!

There should be a circuit breaker or two on the generator usually not easily seen but accessible try flipping those off and on see if that helps.
If that does not help then it may be the transfer switch located in the coach near the circuit breakers usually. It may be stuck in the wrong position and a tap with a rubber mallet may be all it needs

^^^^^^^ What darsben said ^^^^^^^

You might also  ck out this video.  It shows where the generator breakers are (they're not real easy to see.....everything's black in there) and also covers a couple of other things that are easy to check. 

Good luck with the fix.  You will "get used to" things going awry.  It's part of the ownership "fun".  :^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWWG5cdqHck

Most RVs have an automatic transfer switch to change between shore power and generator power, but a few use a manual outlet instead.

Look inside the compartment where you store the shore power cord and see if you have an outlet to plug the shore power cord into when you want to use the generator, as shown in the above video.  If you have the outlet, there's a good chance the service guy either knocked the plug loose or unplugged it when he started to service the generator and forgot to put it back.

Back
Top Bottom