Towing a Geo Tracker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joedetroit84

I have a 1992 Geo Tracker 4x4 (automatic)  that I am going to tow behind my motorhome for the first time. I don't have an owners manual so I went on line and there are some videos that tell you how to tow it. Most seem to agree that you make sure the manual hubs are in the un-locked position, the vehicle in "PARK", the transfer case in neutral and the the key in the ignition turned one click to "Accessory" to unlock the steering wheel so the wheels will track. I'm just wondering if there is someone out there with the same vehicle or knows of this that can confirm this is the way to do it.

We towed a 1992 Geo Tracker for over 15 years. Great tow vehicle.  Ours was a manual transmission. Everything you said is correct. The only thing else in according to my owners manual, is every 200 miles start the engine , put in drive, rev up engine rpms for one minute. Shut it off, back into park and key back to acc. and you?re good to go. I never was too exact on the 200 mile figure, anywhere from 150 to 300 always worked.

Jubileee is you expert!

If the key has a chip, you may want to get a key cut and NOT programmed.  It can not be used to start the car, but can be left in the ignition for towing without fear of someone driving off using that key!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom