Mileage reset to 0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExpertAuto

I have a 2002 Coachmen Cross Country Elite with the 5.9 Cummins. Recently the ECM went out and we swapped it with an old one. But the mileage changed and went up. I sent out the original ECM for a rebuild and it came back reading 0 miles and still didn't work, oh well I have this one I swapped in. So I took the replacement to Cummins and the set the parameters to the the correct miles and VIN. But when I put in the replacement it's showing 0 miles now too! Did they not set it correctly or is there a different issue?

You probably have a Freightliner chassis under that Elite, so I would call FCCC Customer Service and ask them what could cause this. 1-800-FTL-HELP and have the last 6 digits of the chassis VIN handy. They built it and installed the gauge cluster (as well as the Cummins engine), so hopefully they will know why the ECM mileage is not appearing on the odometer display.

Welcome to the Forum!

While I certainly understand the frustration, at least in Kentucky, you can drive it just like it is.  When you sell it, there is a box on the title to show an odometer replacement and the correct mileage.  No issue as long as you declare it.

When I had one of the ECMs replaced on our boat, CAT flashed it with the latest firmware, and set the correct hours. Not sure what I'd have done if it wasn't set correctly. With a boat, there's no chassis manufacturer to fall back on, and the boat manufacturer wouldn't have been much help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom