Prostate cancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alpena Jeff

Won't ever happen to me. I'm bullet proof.
Well, guess what?
Biopsy confirmed. Gleason scores in tumor area 7's and 8's. CT scan shows no advancement. Ditto for bone scan. Not conclusive but good for now.
We have chosen radiation with hormone therapy. My body is strong, my attitude is stronger.
God, Judy and I got this!
Carry on.

Sorry for the bad news but you have the right attitude. Several here have traveled this road, so know that others have persevered and survived.  Keep on trucking!

He's already blessed you Jeff, He's not going to stop now

Many here are cancer survivors, including prostate, so you have a lot of company and empathy.  But you also have a great attitude which is half the battle.  Stay  positive, stay strong, and best wishes for a long and healthy future!

ArdraF

prayen for you as well, so sorry to hear that...  kick that cancers butt!!!!

Sorry to hear Jeff, I am sure you will beat it. Meanwhile this is a great wake up call for everyone. If you have not had a colonoscopy lately you should get one. Preventive medicine is always the best.

Right attitude and very good odds.  You can beat it, Jeff.  Good luck, and you will be remembered in prayer.  I have a few friends that have gone through this and all have beat it.

As Tom said, preventative checks are important. Colonoscopy for colon, finger wave and PSA for prostate.

Our thoughts are with you, too. Both of our fathers have been through (mine about 25 years ago and Kim's about 5) it and are doing well. As a preventative measure, my doctor moved up my screenings about 10 years - so far so good.

GaryA said:
Coincidental?  I've got my biopsy scheduled for this afternoon.

Good luck Jeff. You'll beat this.

I'm going to have the finger wave next week during my physical.  Colonoscopy was last year.  For those of you leery about getting a colonoscopy, I've always said the prep is the worst part. The actual procedure is nothing because you're out.  Get it done before it's too late.

I had mine 12 years ago with the same treatment. My PSA was about 1 a year ago. Next, I had colorectal cancer. I had an operation and they didn't get me back together right, so I am incontinent, both urinary and fecal. Lots of fun, but I have worked it out and it doesn't cause much trouble. Just have to be careful.

I just wanted to join in wishing you the best of luck, and remember now is the best time to have such types of cancer as treatments have came a long way in just the last 10 years, and are continuing to advance all the time.

I have an idea of what you are going through, After 4 months of tests, and scans, I had major (7 hour) surgery to have a tumor removed in 2011, though thankfully in my case the tumor turned out to be benign, so there was no need for ongoing treatment after spending a week in the hospital to recover from the surgery.

Our prayers are with you.  The prognosis is positive when you catch it before it spreads and it sounds like it was.  Good Luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom